Which 7 String guitar should i get with a big DJENT, Help?

Slofenwagon

Sir Moo's Alot
Reaction score
What iv'e been looking at is a Ibanez S7420, and its been gettin some good reveiws but i dont know if that'll serve my purpose because i want to get the tone like the bands, "Bulb", "Kevin Suter", etc

and within a 1k dollar fee since college is leaving me a lil broke :realmad:..

im open for suggestions because iv'e been tryin to find a good one for awhile

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd probably say your best bet with that budget is a Schecter of some kind. They've got the Loomis, the Blackjack, Hellraiser, Blackjack ATX, etcetera. Although Schecters have a neck profile that a fair number of people (myself included) find undesirable (thick as a baseball bat). Others, however, swear by them.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
you can easily find a used ibanez rg1527M prestige in that price range...throw some BKP's in it and youve got a hell of a guitar :hbang:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
you can easily find a used ibanez rg1527M prestige in that price range...throw some BKP's in it and youve got a hell of a guitar :hbang:

That's also an option if you're willing to go used, although if you're trying to keep your costs down, you're probably a) better off to try and find an RG7620, as it will be older and likely cheaper, and b) sticking with DiMarzio pickups. Perhaps D-Activators.

You can always PM bulb for advice, he posts here.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
RG2077XL pop up fairly often on here and ebay, and you should have enough spare to put in some decent pickups if the owner hasn't swapped them out already. The extended scale means you can get real tight even with low tunings. Browne from Monuments uses one.

edsped

Reaction score
Your other gear is gonna play more of a part in your actual tone.

I love my S7420. Obviously the stock pickups aren't that great, but that's to be expected.

lookralphsbak

Reaction score

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
which s7420 are you looking at? the new 24 fret zr tremmed one or the old jap made 22 fret one?

quaned

Reaction score
I wouldn't get a guitar with a tremolo if you want to play djent. Downtuning + tremolos=:wallbash:. Then again, thats my opinion.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
scarface_million.jpg

Use the search function. There are about 10000 closed threads like this one.

You could Djent yourself retarded on a squire...

Latest posts

')