Which BKP covers would look best on this?

• Thread starter warped
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warped

Reaction score
I have a set of plain/open coil BKP Painkiller 7's ready to go on my KxK Sii7 Baritone - I ordered these when covers weren't available ont he 7 string pickups and just haven't gotten around to putting them in.

I love the look of the Burnt Chrome covers - esp after seeing CIAM's ET Guitars pics in his ET Guitars thread - I can am prepared to send them back and pay for covers to be put on as I plan on keeping this guitar for ever.

Which pickup covers do you think would look best on this guitar (Or do you all think open coils would look best? It has a nailbomb in the bridge ATM):
KxK_full.jpg

KxK_top3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chrome or Burnt Chrome would look great, though it'd look better if you had chrome hardware to go with it. With the black hardware you could also try a black covered set. I tend to prefer the look when hardware matches the pups on a guitar.

Nice KxK BTW :yesway:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think black covers would look absolutely killer.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
micros1501gx8.jpg

without the writing or silver writing instead of gold

warped

Reaction score
The previous owner had seymour duncan blackouts on it at some stage - I'm not sure I like the black pickup look:
KxK-SDBO.jpg

I like the battleworn black one - but I think I want something that looks a bit more sleek and class yfor this guitar...

How about those brushed nickel covers??

abstract

Reaction score
Actives like blackouts and EMGs are plastic or something. That and the fact that there's no screw row contribute to a pickup that doesn't look so great in my opinion (sorry active users).

Anything nickel or chrome would probably look out of place with the black hardware. And while burnt chrome is cool in the right guitar, it's not particularly "classy". All I'm saying is don't go by the vibe the blackouts give. Black-covered BKPs will have a whole different look.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
What about the classic camo covers? They're not always the classiest, but they're ugly in a "gotta love 'em" kinda way.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
If your not flipt on black covers then open coils luk best.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I reckon these would look badass:

plain_black_covers_880.jpg

Black enough to match the hardware, but the polepieces make give them a classy aesthetic far removed from the EMG/Blackout look.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Burnt Chrome would look badass in this. Especially if they were burnt to the point of being almost totally multi-colored. The Warpig in my 1527 is VERY purple and looks awesome. On the other hand my Nailbomb in my 7420 is not as burned as the Warpig and a lot of the chrome shows through at certain angles.

')