Which cab?

• Thread starter Albionic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
Hi ssers

i am considering a change from 4x12 to a 2x12 i have seen a used framus 2x12 for sale near me loaded with 75 watt g12's. Also i am considering a harley benton cab band new for a similar price which comes with v30's

from what i hear the v30's are a more desirable speaker but the framus is a more desirable cab.

i can't try either but i have always had g12's in the past without issue

i play more indie/rock stuff these days but i still like to do metal sometimes

any opinions appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
The framus may be better built than the HB. I have the HB and it's great, not sure about gigging with it though.

Speakers are personal choice, I prefer V30's, but the 75's are good too.

The HB is a good deal from thomann. Just not sure if it's a better deal than the framus

fassaction

Reaction score
I know it wasnt listed as one of your options, but if you ever get the chance, check out one of the Orange 2x12s. A buddy of mine has one, and my god is the sound that comes out of that cab massive.

I dont know much about Orange amplification, but every cab I have ever heard sounds amazing, in just about any genre of music.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
Thanks guys both zilla and orange are on my list of cabs I'd like. I'd particularly like a zilla fat boy. But I'm not looking to spend that much right now. My latest band are on the verge of gigging and I wanted something to see me through till I got more cash. I can then sell my 4x12 and clear some space. I feel myself leaning towards the framus as it will be easier to shift later on I think.

')