Which ceramic 7-string BareKnuckle for metal?

• Thread starter JMP2203
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for that man, never even considered the Warpig or Miracle man, always assumed the Miracle Man was more of a Rock type pickup, wouldnt have thought it was suited to Death Metal.
no not at all, when I had my recto I had a 7620 with a Miracleman in the bridge and it was killer.
totally nailed the whole "Enemies of Reality" type of tone.
I don't play Death Metal but to me it sounded like what a 707 wishes it could sound like. :lol: super tight but more ...."umph" to it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zimbloth, you seem to know what your tallkin about, any chance of a bit of advice?

Basically i cant decide which pickup to get for my RG7321, the Painkiller, Aftermath or Nailbomb? And also what magnets would be best for their respective pickup? I play death metal but love my mids, never scoop, and tune pretty low, GCGCfad, so ill need it to be tight with tonnes of clarity! And also be able to handle the low end without goin all muddy on me!

Cheers for any advice ya might have! :)

I'd recommend the ceramic Nailbomb or Aftermath in this situation :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, ive come away from this with more choices than i had to begin with! Haha!

Well those 2 are what I'd recommend. The Miracle Man and Cold Sweat don't fit the description of what you're looking for, regardless if they are generally a good fit for your guitar.

blackrobedone

Reaction score
Would the cold sweat be good for tight death/thrash in a JS1000?

Also, I have an Ibanez Prestige with a mahogany body and a AAA cap, can't remember the model number, but it's the newer one with the IBZ active pickups in it. What bareknuckle for that?

The tone I'd be looking for is somewhere along the lines of Exodus, Kreator, etc. Something tight that'll punch your face but will also be kinda sweet for leads (as in, not like a Dimarzio X2N or something).

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score

Also, I have an Ibanez Prestige with a mahogany body and a AAA cap, can't remember the model number, but it's the newer one with the IBZ active pickups in it. What bareknuckle for that?

The tone I'd be looking for is somewhere along the lines of Exodus, Kreator, etc. Something tight that'll punch your face but will also be kinda sweet for leads (as in, not like a Dimarzio X2N or something).

Email or PM Nick (Zimbloth) or post a question on the Dealers & Group Buys thread, please don't bump an old thread for this please

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

I think for thrash and death the Miracle Man would be a better choice, especially in basswood. The Cold Sweat is super clear but arent nearly as aggressive as the MM. The Nailbomb is also a good choice, especially if you want sweet lead tones. The CS is extremely bright, I wouldnt classify it as having a lot of bottom end or warm highs. I personally like the CS better in warmer guitars though it does sound good in basswood as well.

Ninjahat

Reaction score
Hey Zim, what BKP would You reccomend for a Dean RC8? I'm looking for sort of a King Crimson tone?

maucke

Reaction score
Isnt Misha Mansoor playing with the Aftermath-pickups ? Aftermaths i great what i´ve heard !

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zim, what BKP would You reccomend for a Dean RC8? I'm looking for sort of a King Crimson tone?

Is your Dean the alder one? If so I recommend the Holydiver. That should absolutely kill for that style. The Crawler and Warpig are also great. You're welcome to contact me with any further questions. If you'd like to order you can do so here.

Isnt Misha Mansoor playing with the Aftermath-pickups ? Aftermaths i great what i´ve heard !

Misha plays/has played a lot of different BKPs, from Warpigs to Cold Sweats to Holydivers and just about everything in between. I don't blame him, its a reflection how many killer and diverse models they make. I have about 6 guitars with BKPs in it myself, with different models in each (though I'm starting to come up with clear favorites).

Whats more important is what kind of guitar/sound/style/tuning you use, that way I could make a recommendation. The Aftermath is not a good match for all guitar types and all styles. And for the progressive/djent style, there are other models that work just as well as the Aftermath, it just depends!

dead_scott

Reaction score
I think more people should consider the Cold Sweat. I'd heard every one here harping on about the Warpig and Nailbomb but when I got onto Tim he recomended that for the tone I described. I have it sitting at home now waiting for the some parts to arrive for a 7 string I'm putting together.
Yo, man, I just bought a 2003 rg1527 without any electronics in it. Would you have any suggestions on how to put it up together? First time I try to something like this, and I don't even know exactly what I need. Any insights would help

dead_scott

Reaction score
I had read that the coldsweats are the best pickup for basswood:scratch:, even for playing death metal. So, in basswood, if I want extra aggressive, yet distinctive death metal riffs, what should I go for?:wallbash:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yo, man, I just bought a 2003 rg1527 without any electronics in it. Would you have any suggestions on how to put it up together? First time I try to something like this, and I don't even know exactly what I need. Any insights would help

I had read that the coldsweats are the best pickup for basswood:scratch:, even for playing death metal. So, in basswood, if I want extra aggressive, yet distinctive death metal riffs, what should I go for?:wallbash:

I definitely would disagree with that opinion. The Cold Sweat is good in basswood but its not really ideal for death metal. It's not as aggressive, powerful or deep as many of the other models. The Cold Sweat is extremely bright and clean. It can work well for death metal but there are other models that are inherently better suited for that.

I would look at the Miracle Man, Aftermath, or ceramic Warpig in the RG1527. The MM is a good deal hotter and more aggressive than the CS, but still bright and tight. The Aftermath is a bit warmer than the MM with a bit more mids, yet still very tight clear. The ceramic Warpig is the hottest, darkest, and most brutal sounding of the bunch. It's still plenty defined and has tight bass, but its a bit more grinding, bassy and raunchy than the others. In basswood it may not be ideal but they do tend to work well in those types of guitars.

Personally I would go with the Miracle Man or Aftermath. Another cool option is the ceramic Nailbomb, which is basically like a hotter Cold Sweat with a bit more midrange grind.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime. If you'd like to order you can do so here.

dead_scott

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! That really helped me make my mind. I think I'll go for the aftermaths =)

jimbean5006

Reaction score
im buying an rgd7421(extended scale). i listen to deathcore(tas, whitechapel, etc)
playing a 6505+, any advice to get that sound? ceramic? alnico? maybe both?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
im buying an rgd7421(extended scale). i listen to deathcore(tas, whitechapel, etc)
playing a 6505+, any advice to get that sound? ceramic? alnico? maybe both?

In that guitar I would recommend either the Miracle Man set or Aftermath set for your playing style. Real tight, defined, aggressive, but complimentary to the basswood body of the RG. In both cases the bridge is ceramic and neck alnico.

jimbean5006

Reaction score
yeh i want that real heavy atmospere/ and punch these bands have, by the description i thought war pigs or painkiller. i dunno
they use emgs, but they also are esp endorsed bands, mahogony bodied guitars. didnt want to go that route and it not be fit for basswood

Latest posts

')