Which color tolex for 5150?

• Thread starter Floppystrings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dwilk

Reaction score
It's all personal flavor. But last summer on tour (I was in Seattle) and I saw a kid who had purple tolex, an acrylic area behind the "5150" and star wars action figures laid out like a battle scene inside. All lit up with neon purple and white LED's.

Tears of joy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Haha that sounds awesome.

I am having a little trouble finding matte neon pink vinyl leather. I am definitely doing the acrylic faceplate. I am also going to get rid of the grill on the back and just get some type of aluminum support beam, and paint it black. That way you can see right through the amp perfectly.

The old tolex peeled off in about two minutes, it was a piece of cake. Corners and various parts are primered and ready for black with a satin poly clear coat.

I have to order a new vent, and black chicken head knobs, along with the tolex and spray glue. It should look almost new when I am done.

Possible final mockup:

')