• FM3

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

fuge

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have skipped a decade or so, having a pod x3 which I still like. Although it is time to get a new stuff, trying to choose - Could you please help?
These are what looked / sounded nice to me: mooer ge200, hx stomp, fm3
Right now hx stomp is on the top of my list, due to no waiting list and price / quality ratio.
What would you choose in this 1k eur-ish price range?
Thank you in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Try the POD Go.
Pod Go is great for what it is... But it's a one trick pony. What I mean by that is you can use it as a modeler, but it's not very useful as a stomp box, unlike these smaller units. If you grab one of these "pedal sized" modelers, even someday once the modeling is obsolete, it'll always be useful as multi delay, reverb, mod, eq, etc.

Yes, it's true that you could also do that with a pod go, but it isn't exactly the size of a pedal. Also, and this is just me, but I just do not use an expression/volume/wah pedal. (Actually, I do use the volume pedal effect for presets, but I don't actually like move it up and down with my foot)

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Pod Go is great for what it is... But it's a one trick pony. What I mean by that is you can use it as a modeler, but it's not very useful as a stomp box, unlike these smaller units. If you grab one of these "pedal sized" modelers, even someday once the modeling is obsolete, it'll always be useful as multi delay, reverb, mod, eq, etc.

Yes, it's true that you could also do that with a pod go, but it isn't exactly the size of a pedal. Also, and this is just me, but I just do not use an expression/volume/wah pedal. (Actually, I do use the volume pedal effect for presets, but I don't actually like move it up and down with my foot)

He's using a POD X3 and I recommended the POD Go. Seems like the obvious suggestion.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
What do you need it for?

I have a HX Stomp and I love it to death, but I basically use two presets for guitar and one for bass, so it is kind of an overkill. If you just need a few good sounds, maybe a Tech 21 Fly Rig (your flavour) could be a better option.
I am also a big fan of the Headrush Gigboard. no frills and great in your face sounds.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
He's using a POD X3 and I recommended the POD Go. Seems like the obvious suggestion.
Sure, it's not a bad product at all; in fact it's great. However, I wish before I purchased my Pod Go that someone had made the comment to me that I just made to OP, because I would have probably wound up with the hx stomp instead based on that logic. Wish I could go back in time and get the hx stomp instead... Not because the pod is bad, but rather because I would have liked to use the hx stomp on my pedalboard for my analog rig.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
FM3. And it looks like they’re in stock on Fractals website.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Boss amp models don't sound very good to me. There is certain kind of "sound signature" across amp models, as with Mooer. And I hate how GUI looks like it's from the 80's.

Mooer has serious flaws how their software and drivers work. Effects are kind of bad sounding.

Helix LT over Pod GO and HX Stomp, because of processing power and four signal chains. LT can have maximum of 32 blocks.

FM3 if you prefer Fractal's amp modeling, which is the best out there.

fuge

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! I probably will go with the FM3, since I don't want to make any compromises amp modeling wise.
I would use the unit for recording and live use (planning to get a seymour duncan powerstage 170) but with only one decent hi-gain tone and a clean one.
I already on the waitlist, curious how long will it take in EU :)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! I probably will go with the FM3, since I don't want to make any compromises amp modeling wise.
I would use the unit for recording and live use (planning to get a seymour duncan powerstage 170) but with only one decent hi-gain tone and a clean one.
I already on the waitlist, curious how long will it take in EU :)

About 3 months or so. I got my invite this week although it's a bad time for me now. Maybe I can pass it up to you?

mogar

Reaction score
Considering the FM3 is on sale for $999 right now, it's honestly hard not to recommend since at that price it isn't much more than the other options you listed.

fuge

Reaction score
About 3 months or so. I got my invite this week although it's a bad time for me now. Maybe I can pass it up to you?
Hey man, that's a very generous offer! I am on the list for a couple days only. Let me know if you are double-sure about it!

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Hey man, that's a very generous offer! I am on the list for a couple days only. Let me know if you are double-sure about it!

FWIW I don’t think you can transfer the invite. @Emperoff would have to buy it and then sell it to you. Also I don’t believe the warranty isn’t transferable

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW I don’t think you can transfer the invite. @Emperoff would have to buy it and then sell it to you. Also I don’t believe the warranty isn’t transferable

They asked me for details I haven't yet provided. I could perfectly give them his. So far I only gave them an email address :shrug:

The email says they're shipping between jan-feb, IIRC

Mr_Marty

Reaction score
Definitely the FM3. My friend loaned me his Helix to update the firmware for him. I've been using it for about a week.

I just can't get good tones out of it. There are a couple amp models that are okay but the rest are meh. Everyone says the stock cabs suck so I'm using my Axe 3 for the cabs and it's still not satisfying. The distortion is weird and it just doesn't feel good. Switching back and forth between it and my Axe 3 and there's no comparison. When I switch to the Axe it's like 'wow that sounds so much better.'

The new Axe firmware which I believe is ported to the FM3 is simply stellar. I also have a Kemper and an Atomic. I use to think the Kemper could hang with the Axe but now even the Kemper sounds flat and sterile in comparison. Definitely better than the Helix but the Fractal stuff is simply in a league of it's own now. So much punchier and organic.

Shask

Reaction score
If you got the money for the FM3, then definitely that. I would probably say HX after that.

')