Which Ibanez 7's come with the Edge Zero 7?

• Thread starter pipelineaudio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any model number with a "Z" before the color code.

Off hand I can think of:
RG1527Z
RGD2127Z
JCRG8527Z

The Edge Zero II is just the Edge Zero without the intonation tool built into the saddles.

park0496

Reaction score
Aren’t the materials cheaper on the II?

nm... you’re correct lol

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Any model number with a "Z" before the color code.

Off hand I can think of:
RG1527Z
RGD2127Z
JCRG8527Z

The Edge Zero II is just the Edge Zero without the intonation tool built into the saddles.

the wiki also states that the edge zero 2 is also made from alloy

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Everyone becomes an amateur metallurgist. :lol:
even the ibanez wiki makes note of the metals in the edge zero being weak and brittle... and this tremolo is on j customs smh. so glad the edge and lo pro are back those seem to be the only non problematic tremolos they know how to make.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
even the ibanez wiki makes note of the metals in the edge zero being weak and brittle... and this tremolo is on j customs smh. so glad the edge and lo pro are back those seem to be the only non problematic tremolos they know how to make.

Eh, it's a fan moderated Wiki, not the proverbial "voice of god". I feel like we've had this discussion before. :lol:

I've worked in a machine shop where we've used various zinc alloys (mostly Zamak 3, 5, 6, etc.) and it's a perfectly suitable material for the application.

The quality of casting and machining are far more important at this level.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Add the RG2527Z and RGA427.

There are a couple home market 7s I'm forgetting.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Add the RG2527Z and RGA427.

There are a couple home market 7s I'm forgetting.

while also on the topic of bridges and metals , has anyone ever seen official documentation that theres a difference between the metal used on the bridge on the rga8 and on the rg2228 or that theyre even manufactured in different places? ive read that several times on here and cant find it to be true as there is only one version of the FX edge III-8 that I can find anything on. ive also owned both rg2228 and rga8 and cant tell the difference.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
while also on the topic of bridges and metals , has anyone ever seen official documentation that theres a difference between the metal used on the bridge on the rga8 and on the rg2228 or that theyre even manufactured in different places? ive read that several times on here and cant find it to be true as there is only one version of the FX edge III-8 that I can find anything on. ive also owned both rg2228 and rga8 and cant tell the difference.

Same bridges. The only difference was the different body anchor supplied for the RGA8 to fix the center anchor failure issue.

The only bridges built by Gotoh were the Original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Pro, Fixed Edge 6*, and 7-string variants of each.

*The 7 and 8 string variants seen on LACS guitars were custom fabricated.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
The knife edges are still steel.
so they have the removeable steel edge blades like the lopro and original edge? to my knowledge even the original and lo pro were made from pot metal with only the blades being steel as well. If this is the case does the zr2 also have steel knife edges?

Latest posts

')