Which Ibanez 7's come with the Edge Zero 7?

• Thread starter pipelineaudio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
so they have the removeable steel edge blades like the lopro and original edge? to my knowledge even the original and lo pro were made from pot metal with only the blades being steel as well. If this is the case does the zr2 also have steel knife edges?

The knife edges are "steel", but no more information is given and while supposedly "removable/replaceable" it's not something you'd easily and regularly be able to do. It's such a process that Gotoh doesn't technically sell the replacements.

The ZR series use bearings not knife edges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
The knife edges are "steel", but no more information is given and while supposedly "removable/replaceable" it's not something you'd easily and regularly be able to do. It's such a process that Gotoh doesn't technically sell the replacements.

The ZR series use bearings not knife edges.
my bad meant the zero 2 , ibanez has like 6 tremolos and use 3 words to name them all

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
so they have the removeable steel edge blades like the lopro and original edge? to my knowledge even the original and lo pro were made from pot metal with only the blades being steel as well. If this is the case does the zr2 also have steel knife edges?
Oh, I must have misunderstood. I was talking about the LoPro and Edge and Edge pRo. I don't know about the zr2 materials quality. The knife edges aren't removeable on any of them as far as I know. I've read it's possible but not without destrying the trem.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
Doesnt the zero 2 use bearings as well? I'd love to try one of these zero things, but I really don't see it on many seven strings, and the ones I do find are bolt ons. I think the only neck thru I found with one was the zero 2

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesnt the zero 2 use bearings as well? I'd love to try one of these zero things, but I really don't see it on many seven strings, and the ones I do find are bolt ons. I think the only neck thru I found with one was the zero 2

Nothing with "Edge" in the name uses bearings.

Only the ZR and it's derivatives lack knife edges.

They have never made a neck-thru 7 with the Edge Zero.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
Ahhh bummer. Any idea what the cheapest bolt on with one would be then? Their search filters are not great

')