Which interface for Ipad Air

• Thread starter McBrain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

McBrain

Reaction score
The Positive Grid Jamup Plug HD is not an option since it's not being sold in the EU and Line6 SonicPort is not compatible with the Ipad Air.

So which one is the best option: Apogee Jam 96k or the Irig HD?

They both use the jack on the Ipad instead of having their own. Is that a problem?

I also checked out the Peavey Ampkit HD, but that also looks to be incompatible with the Ipad Air.

Other options?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I love my line 6 sonic port. If you need a 1/4" line level output it's a great option. Sonic port should come with both lightning and 30 pin connector BTW.

McBrain

Reaction score
I love my line 6 sonic port. If you need a 1/4" line level output it's a great option. Sonic port should come with both lightning and 30 pin connector BTW.

Yeah, but it's not compatible with the Ipad Air. Think is because of the 64bit processor or something like that. I've heard of lots of people having problems, so I don't want to take the risk.

andawe

Reaction score
I use my sonic port exclusively with my ipad air and have had absolutely zero problems. i think the sonic port is the way to go.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I wish you didn't need headphones for sonic port, it's really annoying being all tethered.

Neko

Reaction score
Confirm - Line6 Sonic Port works great with iPad Air.

McBrain

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies!

I really appreciate your input and I'm happy the SonicPort is working for you. But if you do a google search, you will see lots of people having problems with connectivity, clipping and latency on their Air/5s. I just don't want to take the risk... Also it doesn't have an input gain control. Really frustrating since I would have loved the 1/4" output for my speakers.

@steinmetzify: The Duet looks really nice, but damn it's expensive. Still considering the Jam though.

McBrain

Reaction score
Got the JAM 96k. Only tried it for 30 minutes, but it sounds great. First I was about to throw it out the window because of the latency, but after I enabled the 'Ultra Low Latency' in JamUp it's actually not that bad.

Elric

Reaction score
but then you need to be next to a speaker or stereo

Your complaint makes zero sense. You will always need an output device of some sort. You're not dumb enough to expect good tone from the iPad speakers are you?

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
^ well that's a bit jerky, who shat in your cereal?

when I have an interface I want to use any speaker, including the built in ones, is that too much to ask.

McBrain

Reaction score
Glad dude. Don't know what it is; some people complain of latency and some don't. I've never had it since day one. Hopefully you can get used to it and just rage.

I thinks some people just notice it more than others. It's fine now as long as I stay in JamUp with 'Ultra Low Latency' enabled. Wish some of the other apps had a similar option.

Ripper7620

Reaction score
This inquery applies to me as well as I'm shopping interfaces. I don't understand what the connectivity problem to sonic port or others for iPad Air as I would think you'd use the original connector cord. Am I wrong? Also, does any one have any dirt on the Line6 Pod Studio UX2 USB Audio Interface?

McBrain

Reaction score
Right on. You grab anything else? Audiobus? Flying Haggis? BIAS?

Yeah, got Audiobus, Loopy HD and the Metal expansion pack for Jamup. Think that will be enough for now, although I'm definately getting Bias at some point. Is Flying Haggis worth getting when I have JamUp?

McBrain

Reaction score
This inquery applies to me as well as I'm shopping interfaces. I don't understand what the connectivity problem to sonic port or others for iPad Air as I would think you'd use the original connector cord. Am I wrong? Also, does any one have any dirt on the Line6 Pod Studio UX2 USB Audio Interface?

Oh, I think I explained it wrong. It's not the physical connection that was a problem. I read of several people having trouble getting their Ipads to recognize the SonicPort.

Latest posts

')