Which of the "Chops from Hell" tutorials are best for Rhythm Guitar

• Thread starter dorfmeister
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dorfmeister

Reaction score
I am trying to focus very intensely on rhythm guitar skills. The music I make is not really focused on solos but more on intense heavy grooves, Kyuss would be a jumping off point though I am not interested in sounding like Kyuss.

I have been looking at the "Chops from Hell" site and wondering which of the tutorials would offer the most for developing practice routines for a Rhythm Guitarist?

My research seems to point to a far greater amount of material out there focused on the soloist and lead player.

From a recommendation in another thread I have just ordered "Riff Training" but I am also looking for other supplemental material and "Chops from Hell" looks like it could be promising.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that any of the CFH products have much, if any rhythm guitar on. I know Shane Gibson covers polyrhythms and odd time signatures on his but on the whole it's very much aimed at lead playing.

Oli Herbert did a couple of DVD's for RockHouse that have rhythm playing on but again, expect a certain amount of solo techniques and theory as well.

dorfmeister

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that any of the CFH products have much, if any rhythm guitar on. I know Shane Gibson covers polyrhythms and odd time signatures on his but on the whole it's very much aimed at lead playing.

Oli Herbert did a couple of DVD's for RockHouse that have rhythm playing on but again, expect a certain amount of solo techniques and theory as well.

Thanks.

I will need to check into the Rock House stuff.

Found this on the Chops from Hell site:

Groove Monster from James Blackstock

Chops from Hell Guitar Site - Guitar Instructionals.

Seems more like backing tracks to solo over than instruction about heavy rhythm guitar but could be useful.:scratch:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Oh, that's quite interesting - it's backing tracks for both rhythm and lead playing. Must admit I hadn't noticed that before.

Might be worth a purchase for $20 - even if I have to get it to the UK :)

')