Which other guitarists would you like to see collaborate?

• Thread starter TheShreddinHand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I feel like it'd be tough to ge today's Vai to even get along with Zappa but you never know...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

harkonnen8

Reaction score
I think it would be really great to have Muhammed Suiçmez of necrophagist collaborate with Sami Raatikainen of necrophagist on a new necrophagist album.
crazy right?

images

Quick edit:

I heard it's coming out soon. Like 2009 soon.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I feel like it'd be tough to ge today's Vai to even get along with Zappa but you never know...

I don't always see Vai being easy to work with, but I think he would defer to Frank. Even guitar heroes have heroes...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Satch and Vai.

Seriously. :squint:

G3 jams don't count. Aside from Feed My Frankenstein (Repentance doesn't count either), Satch and Vai really haven't done a studio track together let alone a proper collaboration on record.

danresn

Reaction score
Johnny Greenwood, Thom Yorke (Radiohead) and Andrew Goddard (Karnivool)

That would just be amazing dreary ambient proggy rocky goodness.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
On the Zappa/Vai thing it would be really cool to see Dweezil and Vai do something together, they have jammed a lot on the Zappa plays Zappa tours but be good to see both of them produce some new material. Specially as I have always loved Dweezil's playing.

On a real old school trip I would love to see an album from Page and Beck actually, think they would compliment one another so much with Page doing the song writing as that, imo, has always been Beck's achilles heal

And my total random one which would be awesome for me atleast would be Prince and Nuno Bettencourt....! With TM Stevens on Bass and Shelia E on drums....

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Allan Holdsworth & John Mclaughlin - I mean seriously how the hell has this not happened already? The world would implode...

Brett Garsed & T.J Helmerich - Yeah I know they've collaborated tons of times already, but a new album with modern production would be stellar :D

Alex Machacek & Bumblefoot - They're both very obviously influenced by Frank Zappa, but in two completely unique ways, it'd be interesting to see what it comes out sounding like as a whole.

Paul Wardingham & Andy James - They're both EMG endorsees, they're both British, they're both buddies, they should totally make this happen.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Jari Maenpaa and Muhammed Suicmez - it would be the greatest album that would never be released! :D

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
And my total random one which would be awesome for me atleast would be Prince and Nuno Bettencourt....! With TM Stevens on Bass and Shelia E on drums....

Nuno has worked with TM.
Prince has worked with Sheila E.

... almost there!

')