Which Schecter is the best?

• Thread starter plecostoman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plecostoman

Reaction score
I'm considering all guitar brands, I just said that Schecter was my preference.

Has anyone else here had the kind of problems with a Schecter that Nipples is talking about? I definately do not want those kinds of problems. That sounds more like something you'd get with a BC Rich.

The Jackson COW looks like a good guitar, but I think I'm still feeling more impartial towards the Hellraiser.

And speaking of LTD's, has anyone tried out the new Jeff Hanneman signature guitar yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Try the COW too.

Try them all.

RG1527.

Do you think about conklin?

Rusty Colley play with them, are very good guitars.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
Conklin's are very expensive if you are getting a custom shop.

For you, Jackson Cow or Schecter Hellraiser, after playing a Cow I would get that one

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Yes, COW it's a really comfortable guitar.

Nice finish, sexy looking and metal ass fuck sound!

plecostoman

Reaction score
Ok, comparing the COW to the Hellraiser, which has the faster neck and fretboard?

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
You give fast.

The neck it's thinner or thicker, you play more comfortable on one or another.

I think that COW have thinner neck.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, comparing the COW to the Hellraiser, which has the faster neck and fretboard?

The COW has a thinner neck and the fretboard is ebony, but the neck on the hellraiser is comfortable as hell. It starts in "C" shape on the low frets, and flattens up towards the high frets in "D" shape.

Also, the COW is thin and very lightwight (I don't know if it will neck-dive) and the Schecter is huge and heavy, more like a les paul with a badass natural tone.

I think you'll like them both, you can't go wrong with any of them :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Conklin's are very expensive if you are getting a custom shop.

For you, Jackson Cow or Schecter Hellraiser, after playing a Cow I would get that one

Conklins are very affordable if you get a used groove tool 7 string. they are on par with any guitar twice what you'll pay for the used GT7.

that guy

Reaction score
do you want a trem? becuse if you do your pretty much stuck with ibanez or esp ,but if you dont want the trem then the cow or hellraiser

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know about the pickups in the Damien. I didn't realize they were passive.

They are passive, but an hour, a soldering iron, and some real EMGs will save you a little money over the Hellraiser and it'll sound every bit as sweet. Trust me. Been there and done it. And you'll save a hundred bucks or so that way.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the Hellraisers have painted necks. Alot of Schecters do. The Damien doesn't, it's just smoooooth maple. Of course, paint can come off easily if you don't want it. :yesway:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll pick the hellraiser over the Damien. I think it's worth the extra money, since it's all mahogany, with set neck, and the fact that the neck is painted is not an issue at all, it's not sticky, and has a better fret access than the damien.

I still want to try a COW, but I'd miss the neck pup so much. I think that If I buy a COW, I'll stripe the finish and route for a neck pickup, seeing the natural mahogany one in another thread just made me drool so much :drool:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
60-7's been released awhile ago to select dealers.. Pharaoh on the Megadeth boards had 3-4 like in june.. sold some and kept 2 for himself

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
They are passive, but an hour, a soldering iron, and some real EMGs will save you a little money over the Hellraiser and it'll sound every bit as sweet. Trust me. Been there and done it. And you'll save a hundred bucks or so that way.

Schecter Damien = 399$
2x EMG707 = 200$.
So we're at 600$ for a damien with EMGs.
So for 100$ more, you get a flamed top, Set neck, with a tonepros bridge (100$ in and of itself), cooler inlayed less work guitar.

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
I'll pick the hellraiser over the Damien. I think it's worth the extra money, since it's all mahogany, with set neck, and the fact that the neck is painted is not an issue at all, it's not sticky, and has a better fret access than the damien.

I still want to try a COW, but I'd miss the neck pup so much. I think that If I buy a COW, I'll stripe the finish and route for a neck pickup, seeing the natural mahogany one in another thread just made me drool so much :drool:

Not sticky...? Excellent news. I know not of this phenomenon, as every painted neck I've tried has gotten really annoying.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sticky...? Excellent news. I know not of this phenomenon, as every painted I've neck I've tried has gotten really annoying.

Used to my Ibanez, it felt weird at first, but I fucking love it now. You should try it first and see if you like it or not :yesway:

')