Which version sounds better?

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which version sounds better?

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
1 sounds the best to me. 4 doesn't play for me though. What did you record this with? For an IR it actually doesn't annoy me, which is odd.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
1 sounds the best to me. 4 doesn't play for me though. What did you record this with? For an IR it actually doesn't annoy me, which is odd.
yeah 4 isn't working for me. I'll put up an updated version in a second.
Revv 100p->torpedo captor-> scarlett 2i4 interface-> studio one 3-> Wall of Sound plugin. All I did was switch out the IRs I was using for the riff

EDIT: new link is in OP

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Revv 100p->torpedo captor-> scarlett 2i4 interface-> studio one 3-> Wall of Sound plugin. All I did was switch out the IRs I was using for the riff

I'll bet that Revv 100p has a lot to do with it too : )

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I can’t unzip the file from my phone. I’ll check it out when I can get to my computer. Not sure what you’re using, but I find that the BritVintC is a very versatile cab that seems to work well with most high gain heads I run through it. I believe it’s a Marshall 412 with V30’s. It’s the free cab and I use it more than any other haha.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Anything between 2-4. 1 is too scooped and has fizzy top end, it will probably be buried in a mix. Rest are tad too dark.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
yeah real helpful :dick:

The real dick is one who asks others to go through the hassle of unzipping a folder. :fawk:

And the unzipping aside, if there is anything I've learned when it comes to producing music it is that a guitar tone that sounds awesome solo'd usually doesn't sound good in the mix. In other words, it's pretty much pointless to ask us which IR sounds the best if we don't know the context. I don't want to sound like an asshole but that's the way it is. :fever:

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
The real dick is one who asks others to go through the hassle of unzipping a folder. :fawk:

And the unzipping aside, if there is anything I've learned when it comes to producing music it is that a guitar tone that sounds awesome solo'd usually doesn't sound good in the mix. In other words, it's pretty much pointless to ask us which IR sounds the best if we don't know the context. I don't want to sound like an asshole but that's the way it is. :fever:
:rolleyes: yes god forbid you have to click 2 buttons instead of 1 button. I was just asking for some other opinions on the clips since I had ear fatigue from trying to mix IRs.

Anything between 2-4. 1 is too scooped and has fizzy top end, it will probably be buried in a mix. Rest are tad too dark.
alright, thanks for the input

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
:rolleyes: yes god forbid you have to click 2 buttons instead of 1 button. I was just asking for some other opinions on the clips since I had ear fatigue from trying to mix IRs.

Yeah, sorry for that but I still stand by my point. It's pointless to ask critique for solo'd guitars. ;)

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

Relistened again to all of them. I stlil like 1 the best. It's much more fizzy than the other but I think it may be more flexible (eq'able) when working with it in a mix. It has everything you need and you could just cut what you don't want, whereas boosting and trying to create something that's not there with the others is much harder to do without saturation techniques and exciters etc.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie here, @Kaura is actually pretty accurate about this. It really doesn't matter how a guitar tone is by itself. We can sit here all day and say which one we like more, but that won't really get you anywhere. When it comes to a full mix, all of these could sound amazing or awful. Without knowing the context of the mix, this is pretty useless feedback. Not trying to be a dick, it's just how it is when it comes to music production.

EDIT: My mistake, I didn't realize this thread was from a week ago.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie here, @Kaura is actually pretty accurate about this. It really doesn't matter how a guitar tone is by itself. We can sit here all day and say which one we like more, but that won't really get you anywhere. When it comes to a full mix, all of these could sound amazing or awful. Without knowing the context of the mix, this is pretty useless feedback. Not trying to be a dick, it's just how it is when it comes to music production.

EDIT: My mistake, I didn't realize this thread was from a week ago.
I literally just wanted help with picking some IRs since I had ear fatigue. I'm not currently trying to mix anything, I was using a solo track because that's what I do for my shootout recordings.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I literally just wanted help with picking some IRs since I had ear fatigue. I'm not currently trying to mix anything, I was using a solo track because that's what I do for my shootout recordings.
Ah gotcha, my bad. I interpreted this thread wrong then.

')