Which was the first guitar you ever wanted to acquire?

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I wanted an Ibanez S470 for a while until my buddy told me that Ibanez' sounded tinny, then I decided I wanted a BC Rich Virgin with a Warlock headstock. Ultimately got a Jackson DXMG as my first guitar I bought with my own money.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First guitar I ever wanted was a direct clone of Billie Joe Armstrong's blue strat he used during the first 5ish albums for Green Day.

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Steve Vai‘s Flo Jem
Music Man JP6

I started playing guitar after watching the G3 Denver tour and Dream Theater‘s Live at Budokan.
Did not buy neither one yet.
Maybe in a few years.

Reaction score
gibson-gothic-flying-v-6557.jpg

The Gibson Gotthic Flying V...this is the very pic that used to be in Musician's Friend, and Guitar Center catalogs and I would stare for hours at that thing. I couldn't afford it at the time because I was just a kid but goddamn I wanted one so bad.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Black Gibson Explorer w/pickguard (Amon Amarth + Dethklok) and a black Jackson RR24 with yellow bevels (Alexi, obv)

Guy at my school was selling a black Epi Explorer so I got one of those cash in hand. Got the RR24 13 years later.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Page’s burst. Saw a poster of Zep at the fair when I was about 10. You paid a ticket and threw a dart to get the poster. I got Zep and my friend got Adrienne Barbeau. The carny when he hit her dead center yelled “Adrienne Barbeau! Right in the boob!”

Das Gitarrenwiesel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A friend of mine was in a band when I was just learning we were both fairly early teens ... he had a 67 Gibson SG and I was so jealous .... I sooooooooo wanted that guitar. I've had several really nice SGs (including a 66) in the years since then ... but actually I've never really bonded with one like my friend's 67. I discovered I'm far more of a Les Paul man ... well,untill super strats came around.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Fender American HSS Stratocaster.

I love strats and when I first started playing guitar I saw Strats and though "Yeah I'd totally play that"

manu80

Reaction score
Even if I loved megadeth and metallica, I was really into sepultura in 94 (I was 14) and wanted to start guitar with the same guitar as Max.
At that time, BC rich was pretty available in french stores. I asked my mum and dad a silver series warlock for Xmas. It was 1250 francs (would be 180 euros without the inflation) back then. Simple guitar but i was so happy !
after some years and some better other guitar I realized it was real cheap when I figured ou you could push screws inside the body without any screwdiver !!!!!

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
That burnt orange/brown RG Brad Delson played on the Linkin Park Live in Texas DVD on Runaway. I don’t even know what model it was. 13-year old me was like “dang that’s cool and pointy”.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
EVH's Frankie!

I was poor back in my 3rd world country. I was able to save about $35 by skipping lunches which was enough to buy a locally made budget guitar (in the early 80s). It was made of plywood, probably didn't even have a truss rod, and pickups made of thin metal as it's base, etc. I had it repainted like EVH's and loved it until I got laughed at by my guitar friends.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
First guitar I ever wanted was the LTD Grinch. I don’t believe there was ever an ESP version but could be mistaken.

OneTwoThrill

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mark-Knopfler-pub-stratocaster-signature.jpeg

A red and white strat! I was about 4yo and totally fond of Dire Straits. I didn't even know the name Fender, I was just in total admiration of the red guitar of the singer of Dire Straits. That was just the information I had.
And later a Gibson SG to imitate Angus Young instead of my tennis racket.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
These PRS's were highly admirable but back in the day no storekeeper would let us as teens to even touch these, at least this was the case here in Athens more or less...
I remember when I was around 13 I went into a GC with my dad and they had a few CU24s up on the very top behind the repair counter. I had never seen one outside a magazine before. The location was completely empty and I just stood there staring at them until one of the employees came over and offered to take it down. I hardly remember actually playing the thing because I was so freaked out at holding a 3k guitar. I remember it was very heavy. What an experience for a kid - mad props to that employee for making some random kid’s day.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the very first guitar I was truly GAS'ing for was Mick Thomsons red BC Rich NJ Warlock with the HATE inlay.
46b966435581f617cf2fa4e934f59906.jpg

I never got one though, but I did end up with another Warlock as my first serious guitar, and after that I got a 7-string NJ Warlock. To this day it is still my absolute favorite body shape when it comes to guitars, but I always gravitate towards super strats for practicality and spec reasons.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Another one that just came into my brain the other day, I remember seeing it in the video but it's shit quality (144p), but Luke Hoskin has a British Racing Green Ibanez S470DX in the video for Bloodmeat and that thing looked dope as hell. Eventually it went up for sale and I think someone landed it for around $775 or something (around 1000EU at the time?) but I've never seen it in photos or anything since. He also made me want the S5470 in Tobacco Burst which I did briefly own, but never really resonated with it so I got rid of it pretty quick.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Joe's Chromeboy, it was so cool looking when I first saw it and seemed to complete his shaven head look.

Thesius

Reaction score
I wanted an Alexi style V because that's what got me into guitar in the first place. I still don't have one, but it's on the ever growing bucket list

bmtf

Reaction score
As soon as I was old enough to think guitars were cool, I wanted a black strat with white pickguard (or pearl can't remember). Vividly remember that, but exceedingly glad I went down an Ibanez rabbit hole early in my life.

Latest posts

')