Which was the first guitar you ever wanted to acquire?

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dayn

Reaction score
I can't remember if it was a Gretsch White Falcon, or a custom ESP Explorer with weeby graphics.

I have neither, I should clarify. ...Though after all this time, I'd gladly take either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sixdayoldstring

Reaction score
I was totally smitten by a Fender Stratocaster with a sunburst finish that I saw in a local shop. I was just starting out and could only dream of owning it. Ended up with a basic beginner's guitar, but that Stratocaster was always on my mind.

Edika

Reaction score
We only had initially MTV to see some video clips and in my country there weren't too many lives from big metal bands. Most people were into the classic shapes and stuff but I was clueless.

When I started playing guitar I didn't have much knowledge or understanding of guitar brands, construction and necks. I did start playing when I was in Uni, so quite late and by then internet was getting more prevalent and could find a bit more info online. But I would mainly look for info from my best mate that had a big collection of CD's and posters. I also had started buying Heavy Metal magazines and would see some ads.

After all this prologue, the first guitar I really wanted was a Jackson Soloist. I was a big into Megadeth back then, partly due to a couple of friends, and my best mate was a big Dave Mustaine fan. He wanted the Jackson Flying V but I wasn't a big fan of the extreme shapes and liked super straps. The Jackson Soloist was super sexy and I remember lusting over one. They where prohebitely expensive in my country and really hard to find. No second hand market and people would ask new prices if you could find someone selling. Buying online was not as easy as today, or from other countries.

I did get a decent MIJ Squier as my first guitar and them when I had some money I was looking for my first "good" guitar. I was looking for an SL2 but I didn't search hard enough and was also considering other avenues like a PRS CU24. I finally snagged my Carvin DC400T as my first good guitar as ot was super versatile. In the end though, I managed to get a SL2 a few years back and still have it as its an awesome guitar. But I had already been playing for several years and gone through and still have some higher end guitars so it wasn't such a huge wow factor as if it had been my first "good" guitar.

CWill91x

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul black beauty with the 3 pickups. My friend had one and he put SD invaders in the bridge and neck and took out the middle pickup, and put a rebel flag decal over the top. And I remember being so irrationally angry because it thought it was the most beautiful guitar ever and it was ruined by that. I never did end up getting a Les Paul until the one in my avatar because soon after I discovered schecter and it was all wraps from there. Obsessed with schecter for so many years

')