White Noise Problems

• Thread starter amadeus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amadeus

Reaction score
Ok I am planning on buying a 50/50 Mesa Boogie power amp going into a Mesa 4x12 Reco Cab but One thing that turns me off to it is that their is alot of white noise coming from the speakers,

Now the settings are all maxed (volume 10 and presents 10 both left and right) and thats done so i can get that full tube push, but i was wondering if their is a way to silence it becuase in a recording situation it would just be a disaster. the only thing that does lower the white noise is if i turn down the volume to 6 or 7 but then i lose alot of balls in my sound.

i was wondering if it would be wise to put a ISP Deciminator or some other type of NS between the power amp and the speakers it kill that white noise, would that work? could it be another problem with the power section? or could it be that the tubes are ready to go?

PS. i get this White noise with and without any effects distortions or guitars hooked up to my power amp its deffinatly the power amp causing the noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noob_pwn

Reaction score
you cant use line level equipment like noise gates between power amp & speakers.
This could seriously damage your equipment.
what kind of shape are the tubes in your 50/50 in?
they could be part of the problem.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe a couple SPAX7-A's would bring the noise floor down a bit. If you got it running full tilt it's going to produce some white noise though, nothing you can do about that.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if you're running everything wide open, you're going to get white noise - regardless of what rig you use.

1. don't put the master to 10.
2. don't put the resonance to 10.

find the settings that work - everything on 10 rarely ever sounds good.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Just to re-iterate what has been said above. You dont redline an engine if you are just driving to the grocery store, because its overkill. The power amp, just like the motor, is designed to have a head-room factor.

The presence pulls up around 8-10khz, which is white noise area. Turn it to middle, then put your pre-amp up (I would personally use it maxed, so you can clip the power section a little bit). Then setup the volume on the power amp to get to your volume requirements. And 10+10 setting on a 50+50 watt amp is going to kill everything.......everything

amadeus

Reaction score
first of all when u pump the tubes the sound i get from my digital rig is just fucking Killer when i push the volume down to 7-6 i eliminate most of the white noise but then again get no balls,

i could attempt at turning down the presences (thanks Newamerikangospel) or change the tubes (they are old as fuck) i was just wondering if an ISP noise gate would solve this problem or just blow up and cause a fire,

but thanks for the input if you guys have any other ideas feel free to post, it also would be cool if this pre amp had an 11 on it just so i could go one louder :)

Latest posts

')