White Power Tattoos at Work

• Thread starter SpaceDock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metaldoggie

Pro smeghead
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't mean it to sound harsh. It's just really annoying for someone like me to know that from now on I am lumped into the same group as rapists, burglars, murderers and the like.

That is not a good situation and the job market is very unfair that way.
Like someone said earlier, any reason they can find to thin the applicants they will take it.
My advise would be to give them a compelling reason not to pass over your resume - whether that is because you are the best at what you do, education, experience etc. If your skill set is in a job market that is saturated with workers, then the best thing you can do is diversify your education/skills and try something else.
I obviously don't know your situation but, just trying to help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't work directly with the guy I'd probably just keep my mouth shut. If it really bothers you that much I would say leave an anonymous letter on HR's desk. Sounds cowardly and I'm personally not afraid of others, but point is people usually do find out if you go talk in person. Either someone sees you go in or come out and then ties it to you or whatever, the information often does come out. Or he might think it's you right off the bat if he's noticed you eying his tats. The only reason I think this is something to be concerned about is possible retribution. You have no idea how nutty this guy might be. What if he got canned as a result and showed up at your house at 2am with some guys and bats or whatnot.

I dunno, I see you're uncomfortable but again, if you're not working directly with the guy I'd probably just ignore it or go about complaining about it as covertly as possible just to not have any chance of big problems as a result.

Rev.

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
Space Dock, I would be uncomfortable too. I mean, the dude does have a right to be an ignorant asshole, I suppose. But, you also have the right to not be okay with it. I would follow The Rev's advice. Anonymity is key. Who knows what the guy may do?

I just can't believe that this kind of person still exists in modern times.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
They hired him with the tats, so it's likely they don't care. Because the guy's on the low end, he's expendable too. It's always a possibility that if your company is being cheap, they're trying to offend the higher paid folks enough to complain and either quit or fire them when they refuse to work with said colorful individual. Sounds stupid, but I've seen it happen before.

Overtone

Reaction score
Are workers in his position able to wear long sleeves, or are there safety reasons preventing that?

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
I say try to go into work and scare him by dressing like a ghost. All you need is a sheet! Wait... that may give off the wrong idea.

But, in all seriousness, like Rev said, anonymity will most likely be your friend here if you decide to complain.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that if he's a felon, those tats might likely be due to the whole racial segregation thing in prison. I'm not condoning it, but everyone is expected to stick to their own race while on the inside, and to show proof of that, some of the guys get 1488 and other racist tats.

Sometimes the person has changed, but ink is always there. If he remains unrepentant as you say, then yeah, totally troll his ass with pics of gay black jewish guys going at it. :lol:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I have a Zyklon ninja star logo on my right forearm with a black band going around my arm and people seem to think it is some kind of neo Nazi club tattoo or something.

Well, I mean, the band is named after the Nazi's gas that they used for killing Jews in concentration camps... so... it's not the farthest stretch?

stevexc

Reaction score
Well, I mean, the band is named after the Nazi's gas that they used for killing Jews in concentration camps... so... it's not the farthest stretch?

Allegedly not:

Despite Samoth having been in a previous Emperor side project called Zyklon-B, the two are not related; Zyklon B is the name of a lethal gas used by the Nazis during the Holocaust; "Zyklon" is, according to Samoth, a play on the word "cyclone", since the word is spelled syklon in Norwegian. The cover of the band's album "Aeon" features an image of a tornado, also known as a cyclone.

If that counts for anything :p

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
"Freedom of speech" doesn't make you free of the consequences that may result from said speech. Further, if he doesn't wish to have to deal with any of those consequences, it's probably best that he keep that sort of thing at least covered when he's at work.

I know plenty of black ppl at work that have some less than progressive attitudes toward white ppl. They have the good sense to keep their damn mouths shut in mixed company, though.

Not that the way they feel is in some way justified or better bc they hold their tongues. I simply seek to demonstrate that there are assholes on both sides and it seems that some just choose to use a bit more tact when it comes to their own ignorance... :2c:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
And......he already got fired, I don't think he even lasted two weeks.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Dayum... What was he fired for? Do they not disclose that? Watch it be something completely unrelated to race. :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
While I agree people like these are not well in the head, tend to be violent and vengeful. You know the type which think everyone else is the problem and why they have a shitty life.

I think as long as he's doing the job, best to ignore and leave it at that. Hate comes from many sources, but being stuck without work and having an even shittier life is not going to help anything, and could even result in him lashing out. I mean, everyone deserves a shot at redemption, and you don't know when that one act or event might come along and change someone's perspective. You do know that it's unlikely that it'll happen if he's in a shitty apartment brooding by himself about the world not understanding his believes and putting him in that position.

It just sort of reminds me of all the wacky social policies in play in some of Europe and especially Scandinavian countries. You put policies in place that help people escape bad situations and they do, but you start taking away rights, more of the American way, and people push against it.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Try this: IGNORE IT!

You cant change every asshole out there, and they might as well do their part since we are stuck with them anyway. You can bitch and moan about it, or talk shit, or wear your own shirts saying counter statements.

OR, you could do the mature adult thing and just ignore it. Its not worth it. Just dont invite that guy to your bbq.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
since he is fired it is not really relevant but i thought: leave it be.
if he just works there and does his job - ignore him.
as long as he not bothering anyone...

you can never know what he might have been through. maybe he was a nazi once but left the group and just tries to re-socialize.
and removing those old tattoos cost a fortune so he might not had the chance.

but yeah...

everyday on my to work i see a guy who works on a construction site. he takes the same bus as me. he has some tattoos as well. but he never bothered anyone. i don't know him personally and i am not offended by him. he just does his job everyday like everyone else.

no need to spread rumors or hate or anything.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Are there really assholes like that in Colorado? Dude needs to get on that recreational cannabis and love more. :mods:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I'm not surprised the dude is no longer there.

The OP posted that the dude was unapologetic, which often translates to "in your face."

If someone was trying to change a lifestyle, and recognized that white power tattoos would affect how others perceived such tattoos, such a person would cover them.

If someone is out and proud, then it's a matter of, You don't like my pride? Then fvck you!

I like the two earlier posts from the same poster (but not the OP), one post about how people misjudge his tattoos, and the other where it turns out that one of the tattoos has the poster putting the name of the gas used by Nazis to kill Jews in the death camps on his body permanently.

There is definitely an error in judgment there on someone's part.

Last edited:
')