WHITE Quilt Tops/Flame Tops

• Thread starter VinnyShredz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone had any nice quilted white or flamed white guitars on the board.

I'm having a custom Jackson built and I don't know if I want a quilted black or white finish.

I've never seen a white one that made me go:cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I quite liked the pictures I saw of Broderick's signature Jackson.

2803057888_frt_wmd_001.png

While I'm thinking about it, is this the only Soloist available in that shape? I dig that shit but I'm not dropping $3k on that ^

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
I've seen this guitar in person. I hate that the "bursts" are so tiny. I like big "bursts" or burls.

It may vary though, but all of the CB's I've seen are like this.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
And yes that's the only soloist in that shape. :scream:

Maybe if these sell well they'll make a cheaper version, but I doubt it.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Funny...I am a bit ahead of you in terms of thinking about a "white trans" finish. About a month ago, I ordered a Mayones Regius 7 with a white trans finish over quilt. I also asked for a base color of blue to be applied to the top and sanded down (just like their "faded blue jean" finish) and the trans white to be applied with a matte/satin over it. To me, it seems like there are very few if any finishes like this I have ever seen.
I first asked if it was possible. Once I got that formality out of the way, I asked if it would look good. What I wanted was something subtle and different. Unfortunately I wont get it until late June. Sorry I cant show you just yet, but when it comes in I will make a NGD post with plenty of pics.

Good luck with your quest! Hell, I say go for it!

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
Funny...I am a bit ahead of you in terms of thinking about a "white trans" finish. About a month ago, I ordered a Mayones Regius 7 with a white trans finish over quilt. I also asked for a base color of blue to be applied to the top and sanded down (just like their "faded blue jean" finish) and the trans white to be applied with a matte/satin over it. To me, it seems like there are very few if any finishes like this I have ever seen.
I first asked if it was possible. Once I got that formality out of the way, I asked if it would look good. What I wanted was something subtle and different. Unfortunately I wont get it until late June. Sorry I cant show you just yet, but when it comes in I will make a NGD post with plenty of pics.

Good luck with your quest! Hell, I say go for it!

WOW. That sounds like pure love. I cannot wait to see it.
Unfortunately for me, my wait is going to be about two years, lol.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score

While I'm thinking about it, is this the only Soloist available in that shape? I dig that shit but I'm not dropping $3k on that ^

I love that xD I don't love that price tag though

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
White is a very hard color to do trans on - thats why so few companies can do it RIGHT.

img953307.jpg

img953203.jpg

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Gawd DAMN! Now that's what I am talking about. Very classy look and quite rare to see. Thanks for posting those pics....I am a big fan indeed of that guitar right there.

Pav

???
Reaction score

It's not a Soloist...it's a signature Broderick.

/confused

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
This is one thing i considered for my current avenger build. I think these white finishes are too subtle though so i wanted to sand back some kind of color under it to make it pop more but i wasnt sure what color would look good with white. I didnt want to do black because it is too overpowering.

I didnt find a solution but instead im going with an Eriza Verde like on PRS'

7stringDemon

Reaction score
My Swamp Ash RG565 is exactly like that F-Series that's posted above. Except that it's an RG shape with an Ibanez headstock (obviously). Not what the OP is looking for but beautiful guitar! Glad you posted!

Levi79

Reaction score
That ESP is so gross compared to the Broderick and others that have been posted :lol:

My friend is getting a custom Jackson that will be trans white. I'll be sure to post it up here.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Yeah, the guitar looks like it was dipped in milk or something. :scratch:

')