Whitechapel final vlog!

• Thread starter WhitechapelCS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I love how band in-studio vlogs have pretty much eliminated from anyone's mind that death metal recording sessions are dervishes of candlelit sword-wielding, glass smashing, and cult-sacrificing, whilst a din of amps cut unsuspecting eardrums to pieces. Now everyone can see it's really:

"Uhhh... could you grab me a Pepsi out of the machine? <click> Agggggggrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwaaaaaaa!!! IMPALED HEAAAARRRRRRTTTT!!! <click> ... <silence> ... <click> Grab the ProTools manual, I can't figure out how to bounce this down... Oh, and grab my cellphone, I need to call my wife to see if she wants me to pick up the kids on the way home.".

The illusion has been shattered. :rofl:

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
More people should clean up their vocals.... You can be heavy as fuck and still understand what the fuck someone is saying. Being Powerfull is great.... Having control of that power is Epic.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^AGreed.
they also need to clean up the font on posters and album covers. "spiderweb of font" is not a bandname. :lol:

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
I go through a love hate relationship with this band.

as much as i enjoy how clean they are what drives me to listen to them is phil.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Sounds sick. The stuff in the background when Phil is doing his little interview sounds brutal.

Oh, and I totally <3 Jason Suecof.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
More people should clean up their vocals.... You can be heavy as fuck and still understand what the fuck someone is saying. Being Powerfull is great.... Having control of that power is Epic.

+1

More vocalists need to take notice of this. I love the fact that that was what Phil was aiming for. He actually wants people to understand him without having to lookup the lyrics. I already thought he was a pretty good enunciator. Its awesome that he wants to improve that even more :yesway:. Alot of vocalists just expect people to understand them without any effort on their part.

Phil sounds amazing in the vlog. The song in the background sounds ridiculously good too. It sounds like this is gonna be a killer Whitechapel album. I cant wait. :metal::hbang:

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I go through a love hate relationship with this band.

as much as i enjoy how clean they are what drives me to listen to them is phil.

this :yesway:

what got me the first time i listened to this band was the vocals for sure. seeing this vlog gets me excited for the new album even moreso :hbang:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Thanks dudes! Phil really killed it on this CD. He sounds so angry it's insane hahaha.

And the song in the background is the first single we will be posting in a month or so and that we are testing out live right now overseas in Australia and when we go to the UK. We'll be playing it on our currently unannounced US tour in April-May as well.

FractalEffect

Reaction score
So stoked for this album. I was really digging the riffs that I was hearing in the second studio vlog. Can't wait to hear what you guys did with 8 strings either.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I can't decide if this sounds bland, or totally crushing. My initial listen to the title track off of "This is Exile" was "This is... boring..." but I ended up loving the album, and that song definitely doesn't sound like that to me anymore. I'm going to tell myself that I'm going to hate it, just so I'm extremely impressed on first listen. That's probably what will happen.

Latest posts

')