Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't really post alot here, but I love reading the threads. I'm a huge gear nerd, but really, who on here isn't hahaha ;). My name is Alex and I play in the band Whitechapel on Metal Blade Records (myspace.com/whitechapel). I've noticed we have quite a few fans on here (we play 7 strings) and so I was bored and figured I would take a few snap shots of my rig and post'em up on here for everyone to check out who is interested.

I share a rack case with our bassist, so his gear is included in this as well.

Enjoy! :hbang:

**********UPDATE**********

Due to a few people curious about our guitars as well as Ben and Zachs rig, i've taken more photos and organized them in this thread as well. ;)

RACK 1: STAGE LEFT- GABE (Bass) and ALEX (Guitar)

rackfront.jpg

Guitar Amp- EVH 5150 III

Bass Amp- Fender 300 Pro

rackback.jpg

racktop.jpg

Guitar Chain: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Maxon OD-9 -> ISP Decimator

Bass Chain: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Sansamp RBI -> Boss ODB3 Overdrive -> ISP Decimator

pedalsclose.jpg

Close Up

rackoverview.jpg

Overview

PODX3.jpg

Line 6 POD X3 Live which I run through the effects loop of the EVH with no amp simulation on and using it just for efffects and the volume/whammy pedal.

RACK 2: STAGE RIGHT- BEN (Guitar) and ZACH (guitar)

BZrackfront.jpg

Dual EVH 5150 III guitar amps, one per guitarist

BZRackback.jpg

BZrackbackdetail.jpg

Zach effects loop- VHT Valvulator

Ben effects loop- Boss GE-7 and Boss RV-5 pedals for solo boost. Controlled via effects loop on/off button on his EVH footswitch out front.

benspedalboard.jpg

Bens Pedalboard: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Boss NS-2 -> ISP Decimator -> Boss DD-5 (Electro Harmonix Micro POG out of the chain right now because it's been acting up)

GUITARS:

Since each guitarist owns some of the same kind of guitar from ESP, I just took a picture of one of each kind and labeled which guitarist uses that kind and what for. Example: We all own a SC-607B, It's my back up, Bens main, and Zachs back up. I did it this way because it's kind of senseless to have 3 pictures of 3 SC-607B's when they all look the same.

607.jpg

ESP LTD SC-607- Alex Main

607B.jpg

ESP LTD SC-607B- Alex Back Up, Ben Main, Zach Back Up

Viper7.jpg

ESP LTD Viper 417- Ben Back Up, Zach Main

Not pictured- Mesa 4x12 Traditional cabinets loaded with Celestion V30's and Fender 8x10 cabinets.

The cases were made by Get Off My Case out of Pennsylvania

Hope you enjoyed the gear run down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shinto

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
Is the gain on the EVH III enough for you guys? Is it more of an improved 5150 or a different beast altogether?

(I've yet to play one)

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Is the gain on the EVH III enough for you guys? Is it more of an improved 5150 or a different beast altogether?

(I've yet to play one)

It's a different beast all together in my opinion. While it still retains some of the 5150/6505's qualities, I feel like it's just more of a refined amp. To me it's like a 5150/6505 on steroids. It's thicker sounding, has more clarity, and the gain structure is so refined it's insane. Like when you strum a chord you can hear every string.

And yeah it has more than enough gain, I run my gain fairly lower than average and boost the front end with a tubescreamer (Maxon OD-9).

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice rig. Cool to see your setup as I am a fan. Welcome to the forum :hbang:

bulb

Reaction score
nice rig dude, and your band is awesome!
we should tour sometime, especially seeing as how both of our bands have 3 guitarists hehe

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
nice rig dude, and your band is awesome!
we should tour sometime, especially seeing as how both of our bands have 3 guitarists hehe

Hahaha I just got a compliment from the almighty Bulb himself. I think I might go cry. You act like I don't have pretty much everything you've ever done on my iPod. Love your shit bro. :bowdown:

Hows the isp decimator work for you guys?

I love it man, best noise suppressor out there in my opinion. The Boss was just too touchy for me, sometimes it was too much and i would back it off a bit and it wasn't enough. Plus i could notice some tone loss with the Boss. The ISP is 100% transparent and gives me just the right amount of suppression.

I use one out front for feedback and one in the loop to kill amp hum. I know i could just get the rackmount version but A. i've run out of rack spaces *doh!* and B. it costs alot more haha.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's badass. How about a pic of Zach and Ben's rigs?

jsousa

Reaction score
hate to make this post sound fanboyish.....your "possession" of this gear makes me most interested in the 5150 3 :)

honestly, the 51503 doesnt kill the 5150 right? i mean, your endorsed and all that jazz, but you d00ds used the 6505 on your latest, and i think on somatic? sounded great both times around...

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Alex! :wavey:

Always nice to see some Road Rigs! :metal:

And I've also been hearing alot about the 5153's lately. Hell both Testament and Unearth are using them now as well. :idea:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Welcome Alex! :wavey:

Always nice to see some Road Rigs! :metal:

And I've also been hearing alot about the 5153's lately. Hell both Testament and Unearth are using them now as well. :idea:

The reason Unearth picked them up is because we got ours when we were on tour with them. Definitely perked their ear and they talked to the EVH rep on the tour when he came out to watch us haha ;)

That's badass. How about a pic of Zach and Ben's rigs?

Yeah man! I'll take some of theirs, pretty much the same deal, they're in one roadcase as well with 2 EVH's in it, 1 for each of them.

hate to make this post sound fanboyish.....your "possession" of this gear makes me most interested in the 5150 3 :)

honestly, the 51503 doesnt kill the 5150 right? i mean, your endorsed and all that jazz, but you d00ds used the 6505 on your latest, and i think on somatic? sounded great both times around...

At the end of the day I'll always have a special place for the 5150/6505, I've had like 4 in my lifetime of playing and it's pretty much a staple in heavy metal guitar tone. But I love the 5150 III, it's like the 5150/6505 but reborn. It'll definitely be my main amp for a while now unless I happen to stumble across something that grabs my attention.

and yeah This Is Exile was a 6505 through a Mesa 2x12 loaded with Celestion V30's. One track per side, plain, simple, and raw. The Somatic Defilement was a barrage of amps and layers, it was dumb and we didn't really understand recording and album production back then. The tone is so muddy and just blah hahaha, but alot of people seem to like it, so to each his own.

')