Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coobanez

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm really diggin your guys rigs. I've been a fan for sometime now, and it's awesome to see the monsters responsible for your tone :cheers:
My question, does Ben enjoy the GE-7 7-band EQ in his loop? I have one, and have been considering switching to an MXR 10-Band, but does he have any sort of feelings on it? I'm just wondering if it would really be worth it to switch, but if he's getting great results from it himself I think I shouldn't be worrying about it too much.
Also, come to Canada! :metal::yesway:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm really diggin your guys rigs. I've been a fan for sometime now, and it's awesome to see the monsters responsible for your tone :cheers:
My question, does Ben enjoy the GE-7 7-band EQ in his loop? I have one, and have been considering switching to an MXR 10-Band, but does he have any sort of feelings on it? I'm just wondering if it would really be worth it to switch, but if he's getting great results from it himself I think I shouldn't be worrying about it too much.
Also, come to Canada! :metal::yesway:

Thanks for the compliments man, it really depends on what you're using the EQ for. Ben uses his GE-7 only for solos. He increases the volume level and pushes the mids to make his lead tone smoother/cut more.

For what it's worth, i use to run a GE-7 in my loop not for a solo boost, but to further shape my actual tone. I started out with an MXR 10 band, because naturally I figured, 3 more bands would give me that much more tone shaping, but I ended up taking it back because I felt like even though it had more bands, the frequencies that the MXR had didn't effect my tone as much as the frequencies the GE-7 had. I could shape my tone alot more drastically with the GE-7.

Now I don't use either, I just use the EQ on the head and that's it, but for whatever application you are using the EQ for, in my opinion you are better off with the GE-7.

Hope that helps man!

TimothyPlague

TimothyPlague
Reaction score
What does hooking the VHT Valvulator into the effects loop do for such a low tone?
I have the exact same rig basically, and was thing about getting the VHT, and this post. Would like to know from the man himself...
Thanks!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
What does hooking the VHT Valvulator into the effects loop do for such a low tone?
I have the exact same rig basically, and was thing about getting the VHT, and this post. Would like to know from the man himself...
Thanks!

Hey man, honestly I don't think it does a whole lot. It's slightly noticeable, since the Valvulator has a preamp tube in it it's like sending your signal through another stage of preamp tube and it make the tone slightly more grittier/saturated. Like I said, it's barely noticeable though, I don't know why Zach does it haha.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
yo Alex, something I always think about when I'm listening to your album is how you recorded guitar parts, in terms of panning is it one of you left, one of you right, one of you centre?

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
First of all, nice to see you guys that are getting bigger and bigger everyday :yesway: I really like your band and This is exile is a fucking awesome album with crushing bones rythms :metal: Of legions makes me want destroy my house :lol:

I watched the studio footage of the cd and I saw that you were using a 6505 and a Soldano for guitar recording. What about that sound combination? Do you used any other amp there?

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, nice to see you guys that are getting bigger and bigger everyday :yesway: I really like your band and This is exile is a fucking awesome album with crushing bones rythms :metal: Of legions makes me want destroy my house :lol:

I watched the studio footage of the cd and I saw that you were using a 6505 and a Soldano for guitar recording. What about that sound combination? Do you used any other amp there?

I'm pretty sure the 6505 was all parts minus the leads which were the Soldano, am I right Alex?
er what about that Mesa that showed up in a pic or two?

pirateparty

Reaction score
Somebody told me after one of my band's shows that we would get to play a show with you guys!

whoever told me that was an asshole :(

matttttYCE

Reaction score
I'm a big fan. Love the music, the new rigs, and the fact that you're giving 8 strings a try! :metal:

Anyways, I know that before you guys got the 5150 IIIs, one of you was using a Soldano Avenger live (and apparently it was used on the first record also if I'm not mistaken). Can you give me/us a compare/contrast of the Avenger/5150 III?

Sorry if it might be a dumb question, but I'd really like to know how they stack up to each other in your opinion. Thanks alot.

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
That's a killer rig. I hope to try the 5153's sometime, because I'm thinking of selling my Blackmore. Anyway dude, are you using the X3 Live with the 4 cable method, or just in the effects loop?

Reaction score
i saw you dudes at mayhem, i hadnt seen you guys before live. to be honest i was a bit skeptical because it was three seven string guitars...but the sound was pretty freakin clean.

I own/collect 5150II's since they dont make them anymore. and im one those people its hard for me to break out of something im comfortable with tone wise.
i may just have to try and get 5150III now.

Are you guys playing the towson,MD date with trivium in october? not all the dates are posted, and im trying to see if you guys are going to be on more dates. id like to see you guys again.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I don't know If my honesty will be appreciated but I'm not a White Chapel fan (different strokes, as we say around here) - Suffice to say you guys use some nice gear :metal:

Thank you for taking the time to post up your gear, Alex and thanks for joining the forum - your presence really helps us get new members and really puts our name out there.

:wavey:

Daemon

The Nocturnal Chaos
Reaction score
Wow, alex, you here ?
Very cool !
huuumm, have you ever tought about ENGL ? x)
A lot of Deathcore band use Peavey, but why not ENGL ?

I support you from France ;)
Keep rocking and using ESP guitars xP

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
Doubt he will ever come back and see these posts, but what the heck...

So why do the 3 of you all use the same amp/cab and quite similar guitars? I'm guessing you all dial them in differently in order to have your own place in the mix? Who likes what frequencies more?

In the studio, do you typically use the same gear/settings you use live or in your rehearsal space, or do you find your selves experimenting more with other products/settings to see what you can do differently?

What is your favorite tour food? Every one has one, mine is a number 3 (chili cheese dog) from Sonic with mustard and onions with tots and a plain limeade.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
That's a killer rig. I hope to try the 5153's sometime, because I'm thinking of selling my Blackmore. Anyway dude, are you using the X3 Live with the 4 cable method, or just in the effects loop?

Just the effects loop man, I have the amp simulation turned off on all of my patches and just use the X3 Live for effects.

yo Alex, something I always think about when I'm listening to your album is how you recorded guitar parts, in terms of panning is it one of you left, one of you right, one of you centre?

Yo dude, on Somatic Defilement, it was 3 guitar tracks all the time, one left, one right, and one center.

On This Is Exile is was only 2 guitars, left and right, and then when there was an actual 3rd guitar part it was in the center. We did it this way because in the mix of the recording, it's kind of silly to have 3 guitars playing the same thing at the same time, it just muddys up the mix. I think recording with this method lead to a big difference in clarity compared from The Somatic Defilement to This Is Exile.

Doubt he will ever come back and see these posts, but what the heck...

So why do the 3 of you all use the same amp/cab and quite similar guitars? I'm guessing you all dial them in differently in order to have your own place in the mix? Who likes what frequencies more?

In the studio, do you typically use the same gear/settings you use live or in your rehearsal space, or do you find your selves experimenting more with other products/settings to see what you can do differently?

What is your favorite tour food? Every one has one, mine is a number 3 (chili cheese dog) from Sonic with mustard and onions with tots and a plain limeade.

We all use primarily the same gear because we have endorsement from these companies and it's just easier if we all play the same gear we get for free/at discount. And yes we all have our own taste in our EQ settings which helps us differentiate ourselves in the mix.

In the studio the settings are pretty similar to live, but a little bit less bass and gain is used just to provide more clarity for the guitars to sit in the mix easier.

And my favorite tour food..... hmmmm, it would probably be In and Out from California. Best freakin burgers ever!!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey, Alex, good to see you. Thanks again for the interview last week. It should be next Monday or so.

')