Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey dude.
Just wondering whether you guys were planning on doing a tab book at all, or even official tabs in a blog or on Ultimate Guitar? I can play a few of your songs like Possession and This is Exile, but I feel I don't play them properly and I would definitely buy a tab book if you ever did one!

Any chance you could tell me if this is how the verse riff to Possession goes?

--------------------------------------------|
--5----5h-8p-5---------5---------5----8----|
------------------7---------7---------------|
----8----------8----8----8----8----8----8--|

--------------------------------------------------|
--11----11h-14p-11----------11----------5----8--|
----------------------13----------13-------------|
------------------------------------------8----8--|
-----13------------13----13----13----13----------|

Cheers man, I can't wait to see you guys at Soundwave in Melbourne next year! Hopefully I can meet all you guys. I met Phil at the Corner Hotel show you headlined this year, you were fucking nuts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeeballcore

Reaction score
Just the effects loop man, I have the amp simulation turned off on all of my patches and just use the X3 Live for effects.

Yo dude, on Somatic Defilement, it was 3 guitar tracks all the time, one left, one right, and one center.

On This Is Exile is was only 2 guitars, left and right, and then when there was an actual 3rd guitar part it was in the center. We did it this way because in the mix of the recording, it's kind of silly to have 3 guitars playing the same thing at the same time, it just muddys up the mix. I think recording with this method lead to a big difference in clarity compared from The Somatic Defilement to This Is Exile.

We all use primarily the same gear because we have endorsement from these companies and it's just easier if we all play the same gear we get for free/at discount. And yes we all have our own taste in our EQ settings which helps us differentiate ourselves in the mix.

In the studio the settings are pretty similar to live, but a little bit less bass and gain is used just to provide more clarity for the guitars to sit in the mix easier.

And my favorite tour food..... hmmmm, it would probably be In and Out from California. Best freakin burgers ever!!

I just want to know when you're gonna sell me that original 5150 back.....

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
"it's kind of silly to have 3 guitars playing the same thing at the same time, it just muddys up the mix"

I love your band and all...but why have 3 guitar players if youre playing the same thing alot of times anyway? I just thought it was funky you said something like that.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
so they do as i have and change the 81-7s that come stock in the 607b for the 707?
its a good move lol.i personally cant stand the 81-7

Reaction score
"it's kind of silly to have 3 guitars playing the same thing at the same time, it just muddys up the mix"

I love your band and all...but why have 3 guitar players if youre playing the same thing alot of times anyway? I just thought it was funky you said something like that.
Probably to keep it heavy while there's a lead part being played.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind hearing some 3 part harmonies.

joshc482

Reaction score
i've tried the isp pedal and owned the rackmount version. they both suck. the best noise gate is the rocktron guitar silencer. it kills any noise gate out there period.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had the Decimator pedal and it worked great for me. :shrug:

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Ive tried every noisegate out there and the decimator is the best ive ever had.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score

Actuaalllyyy, we use 81-7's ;)

We prefer the more razor cutting tone of the 81-7 to the smoother 707 especially since its 3 guitars in drop A, we need all the clarity we can get haha

i've tried the isp pedal and owned the rackmount version. they both suck. the best noise gate is the rocktron guitar silencer. it kills any noise gate out there period.

Yours had to of been broken or something. The ISP is amazing, I run one out front for feedback and one in my loop for hum.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Yours had to of been broken or something. The ISP is amazing, I run one out front for feedback and one in my loop for hum.

exactly. :yesway:

i've never been satisfied with any noise reduction gear until i bought the ISP, its just amazing. everything is simply perfect on it.

Reaction score

We prefer the more razor cutting tone of the 81-7 to the smoother 707 especially since its 3 guitars in drop A, we need all the clarity we can get haha

I'll be getting an 81-7 for my Hellraiser, I find the 707 sounds too thumpy for me, especially in a mahogany body.

As for the ISP, I run a Boss NS2 with the X connection and it works perfectly, I'd imagine it'd be the same as running the two separate gates which only have an input and output, yes? I considered getting a ISP Decimator, but when I found out it only had an in and out, I decided not to because the 6505 makes a lot of noise at gigging volume, even when the guitar is turned off.

Arsis

Serious ....age
Reaction score

Interesting. I had always thought the 707 was a 7 string take of an 81. I was not aware of an 81-7. I don't know much about 7 string PU however. This a good start i suppose.

Reaction score
From what I was told...the 81-7 is 81 version and the 707 is the 85 version.
Kind of, but not exactly.

A question for Alex again, was the album art for This Is Exile and The Somatic Defilement inspired by Silent Hill? The whole person rising from the barbed wire and all that? If not, could you please explain them? I love the album art, I'm just not sure what to make of them!

')