Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Core_To_Death

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't really post alot here, but I love reading the threads. I'm a huge gear nerd, but really, who on here isn't hahaha ;). My name is Alex and I play in the band Whitechapel on Metal Blade Records (myspace.com/whitechapel). I've noticed we have quite a few fans on here (we play 7 strings) and so I was bored and figured I would take a few snap shots of my rig and post'em up on here for everyone to check out who is interested.

I share a rack case with our bassist, so his gear is included in this as well.

Enjoy! :hbang:

**********UPDATE**********

Due to a few people curious about our guitars as well as Ben and Zachs rig, i've taken more photos and organized them in this thread as well. ;)

RACK 1: STAGE LEFT- GABE (Bass) and ALEX (Guitar)

rackfront.jpg

Guitar Amp- EVH 5150 III

Bass Amp- Fender 300 Pro

rackback.jpg

racktop.jpg

Guitar Chain: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Maxon OD-9 -> ISP Decimator

Bass Chain: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Sansamp RBI -> Boss ODB3 Overdrive -> ISP Decimator

pedalsclose.jpg

Close Up

rackoverview.jpg

Overview

PODX3.jpg

Line 6 POD X3 Live which I run through the effects loop of the EVH with no amp simulation on and using it just for efffects and the volume/whammy pedal.

RACK 2: STAGE RIGHT- BEN (Guitar) and ZACH (guitar)

BZrackfront.jpg

Dual EVH 5150 III guitar amps, one per guitarist

BZRackback.jpg

BZrackbackdetail.jpg

Zach effects loop- VHT Valvulator

Ben effects loop- Boss GE-7 and Boss RV-5 pedals for solo boost. Controlled via effects loop on/off button on his EVH footswitch out front.

benspedalboard.jpg

Bens Pedalboard: Sennheiser Wireless -> Boss TU-2 -> Boss NS-2 -> ISP Decimator -> Boss DD-5 (Electro Harmonix Micro POG out of the chain right now because it's been acting up)

GUITARS:

Since each guitarist owns some of the same kind of guitar from ESP, I just took a picture of one of each kind and labeled which guitarist uses that kind and what for. Example: We all own a SC-607B, It's my back up, Bens main, and Zachs back up. I did it this way because it's kind of senseless to have 3 pictures of 3 SC-607B's when they all look the same.

607.jpg

ESP LTD SC-607- Alex Main

607B.jpg

ESP LTD SC-607B- Alex Back Up, Ben Main, Zach Back Up

Viper7.jpg

ESP LTD Viper 417- Ben Back Up, Zach Main

Not pictured- Mesa 4x12 Traditional cabinets loaded with Celestion V30's and Fender 8x10 cabinets.

The cases were made by Get Off My Case out of Pennsylvania

Hope you enjoyed the gear run down!

What's up there Whitechapel, my favorite band forever! :bowdown:
If I could just touch one of your 7-string guitars, that would already mean like touching a holy artifact X) I still have to play a 6-string right now, bot once I've got the money... HELL, I'll by a f*cking 7-string, and sure as hell that it will be an ESP/LTD :yesway: Haven't seen you guys live yet, but hope to do so (maybe a hundred times) within the following years of my life :) You guys should have damn signature guitars at ESP :idea: I'd buy them right away xp Anyways pal, keep up the good work and keep playin' the 7-strings :shred: Tennessee and White'f*ckin'chapel for life!!!!! :bowdown:

duffman

Reaction score
Hey Alex, first and foremost I must say I'm a huge Whitechapel fan. Right now I currently have an ESP Custom Shop Horizon 7 string. Which may I add is amazing. For the price I paid it better be. But I recently just ordered a SC-607B for a backup. I just wanted your opionion on the guitar. You're in a touring band that kicks ass, and I just wanted to know how it holds up on the road and what you like and dislike about the guitar. Keep rocking dude. :hbang:

JettCHC666

Reaction score
Hey Alex, I'm a huge fan of Whitechapel and I think its sick you put pics up of you guys' rig, but I got one question: does Ben really need 2 noise suppressors in his pedalboard?

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
:lol: at folks signing up just to ask questions that have already been asked and answered (some multiple times)

xjasonhowellx81

Reaction score
Yo Alex, I have to questions.

I was curious if you've messed around with an OD808 vs the OD9 and what you found out. I run a 5150, and a Krankenstein into a VHT Fatbottom and a Mesa Traditional and have been looking to boost the krank and wasn't sure about either of them. I cant decide which to use.

I was also curious what the heck that VHT valvulator actually does. I've never even heard of it before.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Yo Alex, I have to questions.

I was curious if you've messed around with an OD808 vs the OD9 and what you found out. I run a 5150, and a Krankenstein into a VHT Fatbottom and a Mesa Traditional and have been looking to boost the krank and wasn't sure about either of them. I cant decide which to use.

I was also curious what the heck that VHT valvulator actually does. I've never even heard of it before.

Jason, glad you're still using the Krankenstein. Boosting the Krank is the only way I found it usable. I found it sounded pretty awesome with my OD808 in front, but the OD9 would also help you out alot. Also, the Valvulator is a tube buffer that basically helps with your signal loss that comes from using tons of cable length and effects pedal. Some people swear by it...others say there's no noticeable difference. If it means anything...I see quite a few of them being sold used on eBay.

...Figured I'd answer that since I know you and Alex might not be dropping by anytime soon.

xjasonhowellx81

Reaction score
Jason, glad you're still using the Krankenstein. Boosting the Krank is the only way I found it usable. I found it sounded pretty awesome with my OD808 in front, but the OD9 would also help you out alot. Also, the Valvulator is a tube buffer that basically helps with your signal loss that comes from using tons of cable length and effects pedal. Some people swear by it...others say there's no noticeable difference. If it means anything...I see quite a few of them being sold used on eBay.

...Figured I'd answer that since I know you and Alex might not be dropping by anytime soon.

I dont know what you mean by since alex and I might not be dropping by anytime soon haha.. I know he's on tour but what did you mean by me? :nuts:

man, I love the krank. its a fun amp to play. Im picking up another 5150 next week though so ill have more to play with. It took me like 3 days to dial it in to fit the acoustics of my bedroom, but Im sure when I take it out to play live, I might need to tweak it again. I think it sounds decent without a boost, but I honestly haven't boosted an amp yet, so Im pretty wary of it. I've been told by tons of people to just get the 808, but then I saw him talking about the OD9 so I figured Id ask.

That VHT thing is something Ive never seen. I wasnt sure what it was, or what it did. I googled it real quick before I posted this asking about it but didnt really understand the description well.

Do you still have the RGT? if so, how do you like it?

Reaction score
Im a huge fan of Whitechapel! I think its awesome hoq you guys are interactive with your fans. I also think the tone of you guys is freaking crazy awesome! Thanks for the rig info and pics! :D

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
digging the rig that ya got there Alex
one thing i gotta ask
you said that during the recording of Corruption, you used the block lettered Peavey 5150 with a Maxon OD808
in comparison with the EVH 5150 III, which do you prefer

(side note, the show in Knoxville with Despised Icon, TtEotD, ABACABB, and Molotov Solution back in 2009 was really awesome)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
actually one thing i've always wanted to ask, but keep forgetting to ask, is

what are the tonal differences between an 808 and a ts9

how do they boost differently

dyingsoul

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone out there. I recently purchased a Schecter hellraiser 8 string with EMG 808's I’m tuning it EAEADGBe. I'm looking for some feed back on a good set of strings or a rough idea of a gauge that will help me keep the super low end tight and clean sounding.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
actually one thing i've always wanted to ask, but keep forgetting to ask, is

what are the tonal differences between an 808 and a ts9

how do they boost differently

In my opinion the 808 is a little smoother (more transparent) and a little less aggressive than the TS9. It depends on the amp and your preference. For amps like the 5150/6505 and ENGL's that have tons of gain already I feel like the 808 is a better choice. My friend boosts his Dual Rectifier with a TS9 and I tried his amp with my Maxon 808 and think I liked the Dual better with the TS9, but I never tried a TS9 with my 5150 II or ENGL Invader...only 808's.

Deathcore77

Reaction score
Wow, alex, you here ?
Very cool !
huuumm, have you ever tought about ENGL ? x)
A lot of Deathcore band use Peavey, but why not ENGL ?

I support you from France ;)
Keep rocking and using ESP guitars xP

whitechapel is not deathcore. they are death metal. to much talent for deathcore.

Deathcore77

Reaction score
I got one of the last ones before they stopped making them.
I seen you guys are indy with The Contortionist and Heavy lies the Crown, I didn't most to anyone but you and I had a sprained ankle, and I did most of the damage, well anyway, What is you're opinion on line 6. They sound heavy and are cheap, that's why I want one. I can't really afford anything, I don't have a job, I'm only just turning 16. Whitechapel has been my favorite band for the past year and a half, I heard you know Trevor from a band Corcid? From Champaign in Illinois, I know him too, I live close to them. You're one of my favorite guitarists, love you're guitar work, I love how there are melodies with heaviness. Such a sick band, great composure. Keep it up, I'm already looking for new an a new album, Unnerving is sick, you guys should have played it lol.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
How about Whitechapel is just metal?
They aren't death metal, Cannibal Corpse is.
They aren't hardcore, Black Flag is.
They are metal.
Breakdowns have nothing to do with 'core' music.

Can we just end the discussion there?
Thanks.

Whitechapel is awesome.
Alex is a sweetheart.
His rig is awesome.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
They are metal.

Thanks.

Whitechapel is awesome.
Alex is a sweetheart.
His rig is awesome.

We've alway just considered ourselves a metal band. Just makes it easier that way. We just try to write heavy shit, period, hahaha.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Death Metal + Breakdowns =Deathcore.

They're just doing deathcore how it SHOULD be done.

They are metal.

Thanks.

Perfect.

')