Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stranguitfidle

Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
Reaction score
Hey Alex, It's zack from knoxville... Used to play w/ you sometimes when C.O.A. was still rockin' and we spoke a couple times when you still had your cobra... Im still trying to master my tone with the cobra though.. i have el34str's biased at 34.. Im using a MF400 cab but would like a vader or VHT... Also im debating on getting bareknuckle's in my 7321 or a RC7 Dean instead... Im still a little:scratch: on the pre-amp and pedal knowledge... Ive had Maxxon OD808 recommended to me... But i would like to know your opinion on the most clear and heavy tone for the cobra/guiatfiddle... I'm feeling another RedWinterDying, ConfesssionsofAres, and ThisIsRenaissance Reunion show! haha tell the fellas in WC to keep it up man you guys are doing well and Im proud that ur a Knox band!

Reaction score
From what I was told...the 81-7 is 81 version and the 707 is the 85 version.

That's true for the most part, but the 707s are voiced to have more treble than the 85. They are similar though and both alnico... but an 85-7 actually exists too, just not for the public.... Rusty Cooley has said that he uses a 707 in the neck and an 85-7 in the bridge.... I guess EMG has made prototypes of an 85-7 and maybe sent some to a few artists. I don't think they will ever be released to buy, but that would be cool.... I think a slightly smoother 707 would be good for the bridge...

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Hey Alex, It's zack from knoxville... Used to play w/ you sometimes when C.O.A. was still rockin' and we spoke a couple times when you still had your cobra... Im still trying to master my tone with the cobra though.. i have el34str's biased at 34.. Im using a MF400 cab but would like a vader or VHT... Also im debating on getting bareknuckle's in my 7321 or a RC7 Dean instead... Im still a little:scratch: on the pre-amp and pedal knowledge... Ive had Maxxon OD808 recommended to me... But i would like to know your opinion on the most clear and heavy tone for the cobra/guiatfiddle... I'm feeling another RedWinterDying, ConfesssionsofAres, and ThisIsRenaissance Reunion show! haha tell the fellas in WC to keep it up man you guys are doing well and Im proud that ur a Knox band!

Hey man, I didn't have my Cobra very long but when I did I thought it was ok at best. I wasn't too into it. I preferred the sound with the notch on, but that made it not cut in a full band setting at all even with the volume really loud. With the notch off it would cut but then I just wasn't into the tone.

I don't know much about bareknuckles or any other passive pick ups, i've been an EMG man since I was 17.

Maxon OD-808 or OD-9 is a good bet, I use the OD-9. Gain 0, Tone 12:00, and Level All the way up should get you rolling. It'll make any tube amp sound clearer, tighter, and more responsive harmonically.

Hope that helps dude!

7stranguitfidle

Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
Reaction score
Hey man, I didn't have my Cobra very long but when I did I thought it was ok at best. I wasn't too into it. I preferred the sound with the notch on, but that made it not cut in a full band setting at all even with the volume really loud. With the notch off it would cut but then I just wasn't into the tone.

I don't know much about bareknuckles or any other passive pick ups, i've been an EMG man since I was 17.

Maxon OD-808 or OD-9 is a good bet, I use the OD-9. Gain 0, Tone 12:00, and Level All the way up should get you rolling. It'll make any tube amp sound clearer, tighter, and more responsive harmonically.

Hope that helps dude!

Thanks buddy... good luck to the fellas! keep it up.

motabaco

Reaction score
hey alex.. I love your band.. and I love the effects used on your albums and how they were used.. very colorful.. I saw a previous post.. don't know if this one is newer or older.. but I saw you asking about lungrens emg's and blackouts.. did you decide against blackouts?? and what happened to the vader cabs??

oh by the way.. I'm a bit of a tone junkie myself.. and I recently ran across this dude on youtube.. FJA Mods.. check out some of his stuff.. SICKKK sounding amps.. I didn't know EVH made his own amps.. might listen to one of those.. but after hearing some FJA mod stuff.. I'm gonna have to go for a mesa single rectifier.. :D

Cheers man and keep up the good work.. can't wait to hear a new album..

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
hey alex.. I love your band.. and I love the effects used on your albums and how they were used.. very colorful.. I saw a previous post.. don't know if this one is newer or older.. but I saw you asking about lungrens emg's and blackouts.. did you decide against blackouts?? and what happened to the vader cabs??

oh by the way.. I'm a bit of a tone junkie myself.. and I recently ran across this dude on youtube.. FJA Mods.. check out some of his stuff.. SICKKK sounding amps.. I didn't know EVH made his own amps.. might listen to one of those.. but after hearing some FJA mod stuff.. I'm gonna have to go for a mesa single rectifier.. :D

Cheers man and keep up the good work.. can't wait to hear a new album..

their made by Fender with input from EVH

jacob6691

Reaction score
so if that one got stolen how would you get a new one? I am tryign to find etiher a natural one of the regualr 7 or the baritone 7, but they are a bitch to find. ANybody wanna trade?

Reaction score
Hey Alex, i saw you guys play last night at the culture room you guys were all rocking the Horzion Nt-7s, looked sick. What do you guys think of the guitar overall, as i'm considering getting one?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Last time I talked to him he said it was the best playing guitar he's ever used.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hey alex. thats one nice rig, i love whitechapel so much lol, do you reckon your OD-9 helps you heaps with your tone? coz im thinkin of gettin one myself :D

Reaction score
hey man thx for the comment about the sc607b s pickup setup... so I got another question... im looking at a 6505+. do you think i could pull off like heavy deathcore/metalcore/tech death with one of those bad boys? and why do you guys prefer the evh 5150 compared to the 6505/6505+

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
alright, thanks rick.

Yeah dude I love my NT-7! Especially because I'm not the biggest dude ever and have small hands, it's pretty light and the neck radius is ridiculous, it's a 7 string that feels like a 6.

It comes stock with EMG 707's in the neck and bridge, I changed my bridge to an 81-7, just personal preference. I prefer the attack and percussiveness of the 81-7 over the smoother sounding 707.

hey alex. thats one nice rig, i love whitechapel so much lol, do you reckon your OD-9 helps you heaps with your tone? coz im thinkin of gettin one myself :D

Yeah dude the OD-9 adds alot. It makes it a little more saturated and cleans your tone up alot. Makes notes come through alot clearer. It does take away a slight amount of bass, but in a good way in my opinion, especially if you're playing metal. It just makes everything alot clearer, plus it makes pinch harmonics a breeze hahaha :hbang:

hey man thx for the comment about the sc607b s pickup setup... so I got another question... im looking at a 6505+. do you think i could pull off like heavy deathcore/metalcore/tech death with one of those bad boys? and why do you guys prefer the evh 5150 compared to the 6505/6505+

You could definitely pull off that sound with a 6505 or 6505+. 8 times out of 10 your favorite band probaby uses, or has used a 6505 at some point, they are just one of the leading amps for metal, and have been for a long time.

I prefer the EVH 5150 III over the 6505 because it has a more razor like gain structure to it than a low mid growl like the 6505. It sound huge but really tight and articulate at the same time. It's so tight you don't even need an Overdrive with it but I still use my Maxon OD-9 with it anyways because I like the saturation it provides.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hey alex i was wondering, do you use any noise supression through your loop to quiet down your preamp? coz i see you use the ISP decimator, but is that just out front?

')