Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
We've alway just considered ourselves a metal band. Just makes it easier that way. We just try to write heavy shit, period, hahaha.

No kidding!

It's SO much easier than saying : "We are a death-metal influenced band with progressive elements, mixed in with some fast hardcore moments and here and there, we have some jazz clean parts thrown in amongst the grind.
We are a progressive-metal-death-grind-thrash-core band."

How about just, metal?
:wallbash:

Whatever.

HEY ALEX!
When are you switching to Axe-FX live!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deathcore77

Reaction score
I understand that it's just metal, I usually do call them straight up metal. Whitechapel is plain and simply, heavy metal. I said they aren't deathcore because most deathcore is simple garbage. Alex Wade is one of my favorite guitarists, Whitechapel is my favorite band. They are amazing. I do agree that they can be concidered deathcore, but breakdowns isn't the difference between deathmetal and deathcore completely, a lot of the guitar structure ingeneral is different, hence, Dying fetus, vs Chelsea Grin. Chelsea Grin is more slower and not so grinding, basic deathcore. See? But let's not argue about the genres, it's metal, metals a family, lets act like it :D

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
anyways
steering away from genre wars and back into the basis of the thread:
Whitechapel's (kickass) guitar rig

Vigil87420

Reaction score
I seen you guys are indy with The Contortionist and Heavy lies the Crown, I didn't most to anyone but you and I had a sprained ankle, and I did most of the damage, well anyway, What is you're opinion on line 6. They sound heavy and are cheap, that's why I want one. I can't really afford anything, I don't have a job, I'm only just turning 16. Whitechapel has been my favorite band for the past year and a half, I heard you know Trevor from a band Corcid? From Champaign in Illinois, I know him too, I live close to them. You're one of my favorite guitarists, love you're guitar work, I love how there are melodies with heaviness. Such a sick band, great composure. Keep it up, I'm already looking for new an a new album, Unnerving is sick, you guys should have played it lol.

Jake Young, one of the guitar players for Corcid tried out for a death metal thing I had going on for awhile. Cool dude, but he ended up moving to Quincy or something like that.

Now I play with The Caliphate based out of Galesburg, IL.

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
Hey Alex I remember downloading "This Is Exile" for rockband and having my mind blown. Haha I know people that know people that have played with you guys live. Two questions.
1.Have you guys considered the Axe FX yet?
2.Have you tried Agile 7-string guitars yet? If so any thoughts? If not any other 7 strings you would reccomend for an aspiring seven string shredder?

Reaction score
The effects drawer fucking rules so hard. It keeps so much clutter off the stage. If you're not the type of band who needs to change effects every riff, this is the perfect idea. I think I may jump the gun on that myself. The only effect I could see myself needing in front of me is the theremin.

Excuse me for not reading all seven pages, but I only saw pictures of the guitars posted. As a "Whitechapel/Fender fanboy", Gabe uses Fender American Deluxe P-basses (five-string only). One is a three-color sunburst with rosewood fretboard, and the other is a black one with a maple fretboard. The black one has all black hardware and a black/white pickguard.

What's up now, bitches?

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Hey Alex I remember downloading "This Is Exile" for rockband and having my mind blown. Haha I know people that know people that have played with you guys live. Two questions.
1.Have you guys considered the Axe FX yet?
2.Have you tried Agile 7-string guitars yet? If so any thoughts? If not any other 7 strings you would reccomend for an aspiring seven string shredder?

1. I want an Axe FX more than my own life and am trying to get artist pricing from them but they are kind of giving me the run around.

2. Agiles look like nice guitars but I have personally never played one. They get great reviews though!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
The effects drawer fucking rules so hard. It keeps so much clutter off the stage. If you're not the type of band who needs to change effects every riff, this is the perfect idea. I think I may jump the gun on that myself. The only effect I could see myself needing in front of me is the theremin.

Excuse me for not reading all seven pages, but I only saw pictures of the guitars posted. As a "Whitechapel/Fender fanboy", Gabe uses Fender American Deluxe P-basses (five-string only). One is a three-color sunburst with rosewood fretboard, and the other is a black one with a maple fretboard. The black one has all black hardware and a black/white pickguard.

What's up now, bitches?

Hahaha good eye! Those are actually his 2 old basses. His 2 new basses are custom 5 string p-basses. One is flat black with a maple board and black sawblade inlay and one flat white with an ebony board and white sawblade inlay.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
hey alex, with the new nt-7s, how does the smaller neck width handle your string gauge? I was looking at getting an nt-7 for graduation, and i use the same string gauge.. so I was wondering. Also,what string gauge do you use for the baritones?

Gallowsforgrace

Gallows For Grace
Reaction score
Hey Alex!

Nice rig bro, you might remember Whitechapel shared the stage with my band Gallows For Grace in Perth, Australia last year. Those new 5150s are killer! Hopefully we'll see you down here at some point again in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

thefool

Reaction score
i love seeing details of rigs of touring musicians. thanks for the update alex

6o66y

Reaction score
Hey Alex, just saw you guys at Koots in Anchorage, it was fucking sweet. You guys have inspired me to buy some new gear. I wish I could afford the EVH 51503 but 2k is a bit much for me..well for one item. I need to spread the $ around a bit. Have you ever played the 6505+. I see all the other post that say "6505". I have read that the 6505/5150 has more "balls" and is more aggressive and the 6505 + has better cleans but loses the balls. I like to play PWD, You guys, KSE etc. Oh and why do you guys prefer the mesa traditional over the standard? I wish I would have seen these forums before the show and I would have just asked. Thanks for coming to Alaska, hope you guys come back some day..Many bands don't.

trb

Reaction score
See you guys tomorrow night in Raleigh NC!

dementiacaptain

Reaction score
dude if i had known i could have been seeing personal picks of alex wades gear he took himself, i wouldve have joined this site a long time ago. my question, and idk if it has already been covered, is why you went with the ltds. I mean, i love an ltd, but i just was wondering what you liked about them.

Boobsboobs

Reaction score
Hey this thread is probably dead, but hopefully there is somebody who still checks it out. I recently bought a Line6 hd500 for effects, im running it through the effects loop on my Peavey 51502 head and good lord, it is really clipping my gain and all the effects sound reallly... artificial. Is this normal? Ive never had an effects processor because Ive heard that they arent as good as pedals, but I figured id give it a try. LET ME KNOW!!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What does that have to do with this thread? You could have just started a new one, probably get more responses that way.

Latest posts

')