Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeeballcore

Reaction score
Why, Mortician sucks and Will Rahmer is bat-shit crazy. As a NY local I've seen them more times than I care to admit and each time is a wreck :lol:
As long as "Hacked up for Barbecue" exists, "Mortician sucks" is actually akin to dividing by zero.

I don't make the rules. It is what it is.

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
so stoked to see you guys in Burlington (5/16)! i saw you 2 summers ago at warped in boston and goddamn that was tits! you guys guna be playing any new stuff? also you need a place to crash? got a sweet little place just out side of btown, quiet, out of the way, 420 friendly ;). anyways cant wait to see you with WTR and ATB, its guna be a sick show for sure.
\m/

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
For anyone curious, we are tracking the new record with my LTD signature AW-7 model. We tried out 8 different guitars, including all of our signatures, and even a few Ibanezs loaded with Bare Knuckles/Dimarzios and ultimately after tracking and comparing them all track by track we decided my signature sounded the best.

For amps we are using a Kemper Profiling Amp with a profile that our producer made of an EVH 5150 III, oversized Mesa 4x12 with V30 Celestions, miced with SM57 and Beyerdynamic M 201 microphones. It sounds AWESOME and am stoked on the tone. He might re-amp later on but I doubt it, he loves the tone we've dialed in as well.

The majority of the record is in drop G but there is one song in drop A and one song in B standard. I dig having a few different tunings on the record, kinda helps give their songs their own identity.

This new record is definitely some of the angriest and too the point music we have ever written. I feel like with A New Era our style went a little "artsy" and this record is way more too the point and brutal.

So stoked right now...

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Alex - i notice on studio updates (photos and videos) that zach is never present, does he records he's guitar track or do you and Ben Savage record all the guitar tracks in the studio ???

Without knowing anything;

He could theoretically be the guy behind the camera :lol:

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
I can tell you this... judging by the songs i heard its heavier and more aggressive than anything they've done so far. It sounds super pissed and epic. Get excited!

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Hahahaha 3 is already too many. Now maybe a second bass player could be heavy.... ;) :lol:

Older comment, I know. But my brothers old punk band, The Secksbots had two bassists. It was actually really cool! Well, accept that my brother blew the other bassist out of the water. He was so bad that he turned himself down on stage.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Older comment, I know. But my brothers old punk band, The Secksbots had two bassists. It was actually really cool! Well, accept that my brother blew the other bassist out of the water. He was so bad that he turned himself down on stage.

Vanilla Ice had two bassists when he toured in support of his nu metal album :ugh:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
They should just recruit the bassists that Pig Destroyer, Wormrot and Magrudergrind aren't using.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Anyone on here coming out to a date on our headliner the "Recorruptour" this month??

Reaction score
If you guys will be in Vancouver maybe but probably not...not huge on some of the bands playing with you guys although I really want to see ATB's bright ass 2228's again :lol:

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Who are you guys gonna be playing with July 8th in denver at the comfort dental amphitheater? Thats a pretty big venue, not a lot of brootz shows there

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Who are you guys gonna be playing with July 8th in denver at the comfort dental amphitheater? Thats a pretty big venue, not a lot of brootz shows there

Mayhem-Fest-2012-Lineup.jpg

')