Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EndOfWill

Reaction score
As for a question, will you guys have some sick preorder packages for the new album?
Can we expect details soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Just saw this on FB :lol:
547788_10150618595496344_8185331343_9218129_346641536_n.jpg

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I saw you guys in Tucson on Saturday and needless to say, it was awesome. You guys had an epic light show.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I saw you guys in Tucson on Saturday and needless to say, it was awesome. You guys had an epic light show.

Thanks man! That was the first headliner where we took out a sick light package and a light guy. It definitely felt cool on stage hahaha.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
As for a question, will you guys have some sick preorder packages for the new album?
Can we expect details soon?

Oh yeah there will be all kinds of preorder packages.

T-shirts, jerseys, shot glasses, pint glasses, necklaces, bottle openers, hoodies, all kinds of shit hahaha. They'll be released in about 2 weeks I think.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
We're starting to get back mixes and masters for review for the new album. Shit is sounding so slamming. Definitely my favorite mix and master of any of our albums, Mark Lewis is killin it!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Thanks man! That was the first headliner where we took out a sick light package and a light guy. It definitely felt cool on stage hahaha.

Is the light setup cooler than what you guys had at Summer Slaughter? Those strobes were badass :hbang:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Is the light setup cooler than what you guys had at Summer Slaughter? Those strobes were badass :hbang:

Yeah Slaughter we only had 2 strobes. This headliner we have 6 strobes and 12 LED bars. 2 strobes are ran by midi control and follow various kick parts that I programmed out in the set and the LED bars and other 4 strobes are ran by our light guy.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Digging the Siggy, have been wishing ESP would launch a Strat Styled 7 with the Vintage Plus headstock. Nice to see more flame in the lineup.

What were some of the things that lead you to this particular styled 7 verses their other offerings, and what inspired your current specs for the guitar?

Any possibility of another version with a Floyd or with a SC in the Mid or Neck?

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Digging the Siggy, have been wishing ESP would launch a Strat Styled 7 with the Vintage Plus headstock. Nice to see more flame in the lineup.

What were some of the things that lead you to this particular styled 7 verses their other offerings, and what inspired your current specs for the guitar?

Any possibility of another version with a Floyd or with a SC in the Mid or Neck?

Well if it was up to me my signature would have been a Telecaster 7, because I just love Telecasters, but Stephen Carpenter kind of has the "patent" on the Telecaster 7 for ESP, which I rightfully respect, so I did the next best thing and did a metal strat style. I just love really classy looking guitars so that's what I set out to make but geared aesthetically and spec wise towards the metal player, since that's what I am.

I took notice of the specs of the guitars not only myself but players on this board and what my friends liked. I wanted to make the switch from Active to passive as far as pickups go and I knew ESP didn't have a 7 string with passives yet so not only would it benefit me tonally but it would benefit me from a selling point as well.

I chose Dimarzio D-Activators as the pickups because although I hadn't played them, I heard clips and liked them a lot. It was a risky move and a shot in the dark, but when I got the prototype of my guitar I immediately fell in love with those pick ups. I chose mahogany for the body wood because I had read a lot of posts that like Bare Knuckle Aftermaths, the D-Activators really shine in Mahogany wood guitars.

We did a guitar shoot out with 10 guitars for the recording, everything from every ESP our band owns with actives and passives, to even some Ibanezes with other Dimarzios and Bare Knuckles and in the end my signature with D-Activators ended up sounding the best which is what we ended up using to track the rhythm guitars.

I doubt they will release a version with a Floyd, but if the LTD versions sells well then I could see them selling a real ESP version. It would probably be made in Japan to nicer specs and include things like a 46 mm graphite nut, real hipshot bridge, sperzel locking tuners, etc.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Thank you for your generous post.
I must say, it is among the classiest of all the LTD sigs. I love the homage to the strat, while adding the flame top for some added class. The Vintage Plus 7 headstock really completes it and keeps it classy looking.

I used to select the Unique Choice Laminate Tops and Fingerboards when I worked at Warmoth, I must say, they've done a good job of finding nice flame maple for your siggy.

I'm with ya on the tele, just built a Bari-Tele with a locally handwound custom bridge.

I'd love to see a Non-Stef version of a 7-Tele with passives in either an HxH, HSS, or HXS config, flatmount hard tail bridge. I just can't buy into the Tele/Tunomatic combo or any of the EMG's.

bhakan

Reaction score
We did a guitar shoot out with 10 guitars for the recording, everything from every ESP our band owns with actives and passives, to even some Ibanezes with other Dimarzios and Bare Knuckles and in the end my signature with D-Activators ended up sounding the best which is what we ended up using to track the rhythm guitars.
So how does your sig stand up to your custom ESP in playability? Obviously its sound is awesome, but I would expect the custom shop to miles ahead in terms of playability.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
So how does your sig stand up to your custom ESP in playability? Obviously its sound is awesome, but I would expect the custom shop to miles ahead in terms of playability.

Honestly I do prefer the neck on my custom more so, but that's about it, but I guess the neck is the most important part when considering "playability". The biggest reason I like the neck on my custom more though is because the neck finish is matte, where as my sig is glossy. I prefer matte finished necks but I only like the look of matte necks if the guitar body is matte too. I like everything to look uniform so since I went with a gloss body on my sig I kept the neck gloss as well.

Wish I would have put passives in my custom so bad though, but I placed the order like a year and a half to 2 years before I got it so I was still playing EMGs then. Been contemplating having ESP route me a new pickguard for passives for it because that's all it would take. That Swamp Ash body and top with D-Activators or Aftermaths would sound SO percussive and snappy. It'd be killer.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Will you sign my Vik when it gets here if I bring it to you!?

I don't know if you want me to do that, I might steal it from you hahaha :p

Of course i would, I'll sign anything, except for maybe a dudes scrotum, and even then I probably would just for the story hahaha.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Just saw on FB that you guys are using Kempers now.

Were you all an Axe FXs before? Or something else?

')