Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
awesome :yesway:

i just got my second kemper last week. they're definitely improved everything i was uncertain about the old firmware with the first unit i had back in february (latency, TS808, noise).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score

motherofgod.gif

brutal. totally digging this.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
If I can recommend anything to you guys it's to not over play the singles or listening to shitty rips. The best way to listen to this album is when you get it on disc, and play it on a really good sound system, or great headphones, as a whole. Seriously dedicate the time to listening to it all the way through once or twice. You will pick up on textures, layers and song writting details that are intenseeeeee.

Mark Lewis' production on this album has single handedly destroyed my level of standards for for records. Albums that I thought were "amazing" are simply average now. Its hard to explain, but this album sounds 3D in comparison to others. There are so many levels of sounds and details that it really creates a wall of sound. :metal:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
If I can recommend anything to you guys it's to not over play the singles or listening to shitty rips. The best way to listen to this album is when you get it on disc, and play it on a really good sound system, or great headphones, as a whole. Seriously dedicate the time to listening to it all the way through once or twice.

I would recommend this for EVERY album one is interested in.

I for myself only listen to 2-3 songs of a record online, mostly only once, and if I like what I hear, I get the album. I couldn't even judge it by listening online, or to rips, or something like that.

EndOfWill

Reaction score
Yup! I dont think we will have them on Mayhem seeing as how I doubt anyone will buy a flannel at an outdoor summer festival haha, but we will probably start carrying them again this fall on the Hatebreed tour.
Well, you should definitely bring one for me to the Syracuse show July 26 ;) haha

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Just realized You guys are coming to boise on the hatebreed headliner.

SO EXITED

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Mike always beats me to everything hahaha.

But yes, the new CD comes out today. If you have any interest in this CD and can spare an extra $10, I would be very grateful if you could pick up a copy.

This CD is definitely best experienced by listening to the actual disc. I don't know what it is but it just sounds better by listening to the actual CD (I think this goes for pretty much every CD in my opinion). I even have Apple Lossless files converted straight from the mastered .wavs on my iPod and I still think listening to the actual CD sounds better.

So if you have the spare time and money take a trip to your local CD store/Best Buy/FYE, etc. and pick it up. It'll be worth it, I promise and then come back here and let me know what you think! :)

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Heard 3 songs and I am already pretty sure this will be my personal album of the year :lol:
Oh, and Alex: you're the coolest mofo around! It's awesome that you stay in such close contact to the fans :yesway:

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
photo1.jpg
am i doing it right? xD. awesome album Alex! just getting through my first spin now now and JFC is this shit heavy! the piano threw me off a bit but really digging the piano intro of devoid. lol and don't even get me started on dead silence, that song just crushes. Great job man definitely money well spent \m/.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
This month is such a GOOD month. Whitechapel, Fear Factory, and Gojira. I was sold on FF taking metal album of the year for me... and then you guys release this? Unfair. Why do you gotta make my decisions so difficult for me?!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Ok guys, let's have a little fun. Who wants a free copy of the new Whitechapel record? I have 2 copies to give away.

421453_810895787022_1163025877_n.jpg

I will randomly select 2 people to receive a free copy of the new disc - all you have to do is post a FB status telling your friends to check out the new Whitechapel disc and include a link to the iTunes page.

The link is: iTunes - Music - Whitechapel

Then just simply PM me a screenshot of the status you posted

The contest ends Sunday night at midnight (eastern standard time). I will PM the winners for their addresses and ship em' out. Winners will be randomly, and fairly, selected.

***If you want to support Alex and the guys please by all means buy the record on your own. We need to support good bands, and even more importantly our SS.org friends ****

cap-tan

Gear Slut
Reaction score
Mike always beats me to everything hahaha.

But yes, the new CD comes out today. If you have any interest in this CD and can spare an extra $10, I would be very grateful if you could pick up a copy.

This CD is definitely best experienced by listening to the actual disc. I don't know what it is but it just sounds better by listening to the actual CD (I think this goes for pretty much every CD in my opinion). I even have Apple Lossless files converted straight from the mastered .wavs on my iPod and I still think listening to the actual CD sounds better.

So if you have the spare time and money take a trip to your local CD store/Best Buy/FYE, etc. and pick it up. It'll be worth it, I promise and then come back here and let me know what you think! :)

dammit! I pre-ordered it awhile ago on iTunes...lol Sounds awesome man!

I Voyager

Reaction score
Still waiting for my pre-order package to come. Should come tomorrow, according to the USPS site.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Those sweet fellas in Whitechapel asked me to come in and record solos on the songs "I, Dementia" and "Faces". What a bunch of sweeties! Check out this quick video i made of the Dementia solo. Enjoy!

prashanthan

Reaction score
Just heard I, Dementia somewhere. Not really into Whitechapel/deathcore in particular but holy shit. Reckon this CD may be worth a gander...

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
It is. This ain't your younger brother's Deathcore, folks. I mean, it's still there, but it's so fucking different at the same time. Not stupidly like that vomit-inducing Chelsea Grin crap. It's just... better. So much BETTER. I already freaking loved New Era and Exile, but Whitechapel blows them out of the god damned water and then throws rocks at them as it leaves.

')