Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Finally had the time to listen to the complete album, really really digging this. It's been a long time that I've been able to listen to a "brutal" record from start to finish without getting bored, but that one left me desiring more.

Oh, and it was the final push I needed to contact Alan Douches for mastering our upcoming record. Great work from him also again!

Oh yeah man, Alan murdered this new record. When we got the test masters back my jaw hit the floor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
What kind of Power Amps do you guys use with the Kempers ???

I use the power section of a 6505 (recently became a new endorsee!)

Ben and Zach use a Rocktron Velocity 300 in stereo, each one takes a side. It's only 150 solid state watts to each cab but since they are just using it for stage sound it definitely gets the job done!

Reaction score
Alex, I just want you to know. It wasnt the same being at the Valarium and not seeing you guys.

turkaloot

Reaction score
Alex would you suggest the 5150 iii for a straight amp sound or is it it better to save some money and just get the 6505? I'm looking for a whitechapel-ish tone, basically just brutal and heavy, I figured you'd be a fairly good source for this advice

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I think you mean the other way around, the 5150 III is definitely more expensive than the 6505.

Honestly man I like both amps, it really just boils down to what you like/need from an amp.

If you need clean tone at all then that already answers the question and to get the 5150 III. The 5150 III's cleans are Fender-esque and very beautiful, while the clean on the 6505 is very lack luster.

If clean doesn't matter to you it really depends on what you are looking for in a "heavy" distorted tone.

The 5150 III has a very percussive and razor like gain structure. It's very clear and SUPER tight sounding, especially the crunch channel. I still like to use an overdrive in the front of it but it certainly doesn't need it, it's already a very tight sounding amp.

The 6505 is a little looser sounding, definitely needs an overdrive in the front but it has more sag and girth to the tone in my opinion. It's a little darker and focuses more on the low mids while the 5150 III focuses more on the high mids.

You saying you want "Whitechapel" tone is kind of a difficult question to answer because we have used both of those amps live and on recording so I guess either amp could get you "Whitechapel" tone hahaha.

I hope that helps man!

turkaloot

Reaction score
Thats what I meant haha I guess it came out wrong, 5150's a hefty price tag when your broke sadly

Thanks though, definitely cleared up some confusion of the two

I dont want to bombard you with any more questions, but what rigs were you guys using for this past mayhem fest? I saw you guys when you did the headliner earlier this month in montreal and was blown away by how good everything sounded, I guess you could say this was the "whitechapel" tone I can only hope to recreate haha. Is everything you guys do now all Kemper?

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Thats what I meant haha I guess it came out wrong, 5150's a hefty price tag when your broke sadly

Thanks though, definitely cleared up some confusion of the two

I dont want to bombard you with any more questions, but what rigs were you guys using for this past mayhem fest? I saw you guys when you did the headliner earlier this month in montreal and was blown away by how good everything sounded, I guess you could say this was the "whitechapel" tone I can only hope to recreate haha. Is everything you guys do now all Kemper?

Yes, on Mayhem this Summer and the headlining off dates we played all of our guitar tones were from the Kempers, using the profile that we used for the album of a 5150 III and a Mesa cab, so if you liked our Live tone I'd say you'd like a 5150 III in real life for sure!

turkaloot

Reaction score
Well that answers just about all my questions for tonight, thank you for the help Mr. Wade.

Cheers man!

rogrotten

Reaction score
Hey alex, could you get pictures of your new rigs? I'm trying to get my guitar players to get Kempers, but they don't believe you guys use them.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
We just started a new tour today direct supporting Hatebreed with special guests All Shall Perish and Deez Nuts, who from here will I see there??

Hatebreed-Whitechapel-All-Shall-Perish-tour.jpg

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I feel like it's coming close. So hopefully I can swing it. Maybe even play it. :D

Reaction score
I'd like to get out to a show.. doesn't look you're coming to DC... make have to make a trip to Richmond but the show is on a wednesday, could be tough. The Nation is a sweet venue btw

')