Who decided this was a sport?

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
David said:
baseball is considered a sport... and they just stand around all day.:lol: I'd say they just have skills too.

No :) The players dont have a special bat that provides the power for them, to hit it over the fence. Nor do the players have robotic arms with little engines that power the pitch 98 MPH to the plate. I also dont believe that when Torii Hunter is makes a leaping diving catch to rob a bases clearing double, that Pimpbot 5000 comes in and propells him to the right location in time.

Baseball might be boring to some, but it's definitely a sport in every facet.

NASCAR is more about how good the cars are, and how good the staff and team are. It's not that Dale Jarrett or whoever is a better athelete than Jeff Gordon if he won.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
David said:
I watched the food channel, and this guy was on there, he can fucking eat. He started "training," and went to one of those food bars in Japan, where you just sit around a conveyer belt, and pick what you want off of it. He did 2 stacks, of 50 small server-sized plates of food. Most of them being about 4 sushi rolls...

I usually eat about 6-8 plates when I go to those restaurants. Even at the cheapest kaiten-zushi restaurant (conveyor-belt sushi restaurant), 50 plates would cost about 5250 yen (a little under $50, assuming this is a 105 yen per plate cheopo restaurant).

"two stacks" doesn't impress me, because I usually get two stacks when I go to one of those places with another person. 50 plates is pretty insane, though. I'd say that's quite a bit more than two stacks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
No :) The players dont have a special bat that provides the power for them, to hit it over the fence. Nor do the players have robotic arms with little engines that power the pitch 98 MPH to the plate. I also dont believe that when Torii Hunter is makes a leaping diving catch to rob a bases clearing double, that Pimpbot 5000 comes in and propells him to the right location in time.

Baseball might be boring to some, but it's definitely a sport in every facet.

NASCAR is more about how good the cars are, and how good the staff and team are. It's not that Dale Jarrett or whoever is a better athelete than Jeff Gordon if he won.

NASCAR is about wrecks, not even racing. Dumb-ass rednecks like to see shit get destroyed, that's the draw of it.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
It's more of a sport than NASCAR.
+1

NASCAR is an exhibition of cars, not of human sport.

and, i think anything can become an American "sport" solong as it draw$ a crowd.