Who do you think has the best vibrato?

• Thread starter Cadavuh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
"best" is a bit subjective but the guys who's vibrato I admire are:

John Skyes
Uli Jon Roth
Yngiwie Malmsteen
Michael Schenker (when he's on form)
Chris Poland

Each has a distinct touch, but all have slightly different styles and ways of applying vibrato which really make the guitar sing without sounding like other people.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
+ 1 on Jeff Loomis

Vai is always good, and Rustey Cooley actually has pretty good vibrato, albeit being a bit OTT it's still good.

I find that generally rock guitarists have better vibrato, because shredders are more focused on doing flashy stuff whereas rock solos are slower and involve a lot of vibrato.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
+ 1 on Jeff Loomis

Vai is always good, and Rustey Cooley actually has pretty good vibrato, albeit being a bit OTT it's still good.

I find that generally rock guitarists have better vibrato, because shredders are more focused on doing flashy stuff whereas rock solos are slower and involve a lot of vibrato.

I think a lot of so-called shredders are actually unable to do anything resembling good vibrato tbh amigo (Francesci Frarerri) whereas a lot of rock guitarists can do both :)

Add to the above:

Gary Moore
Jimi Hendrix

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Marty Friedman
Chris Poland
Uli Jon Roth
Mikael Akerfeldt
Fredrik Åkesson
Adrian Smith
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jeff Loomis
Dimebag
John Petrucci
Paul Gilbert

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I actually can't stand UJRs vibrato, it's just not my cup of tea at all.

Steve Vai, Tony McAlpine and Marty Friedman all have top vibrato :yesway:

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Brian May, Yngwie Malmsteen and Jeff Loomis are the three I aspire to. George Lynch's is pretty amazing too.

Vibrato as far as I'm concerned is the most important lead technique, hence why I've worked on mine more than the rest of it. I may not be able to do insanely fast arpeggios, but I can make every note count.

Latest posts

')