Who here has the most 7s?

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like he has about 380 Ibanez guitars plus A LOT of others... You cant finance that by just doing good trades and spending less money on beer. If he did I admire him, tho.

380 looks like a lot when you say it like that, but if you've been collecting guitars for years, it can really build up. If you get a guitar every couple of months for lets say, 10 years, you'd get a very large collection. We've no idea how long he's been at it, so it could be for some seriously long time.

Sure, if he had bought them all in a short space of time, then yeah, he'd need to be rich, but over an extended period of time, you really don't need that much.

I mean, it's like me and my DVD collection. I might buy a couple of DVDs a month, maybe more, maybe less. But I've been buying DVDs for absolutely years now, so while I do have a lot, (maybe 500?) if I was to break it down as to how much I'd spend on them each week, it probably wouldn't amount to anything more than a meal at a nice resteraunt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
My friend Kosaku has more 7-strings (and more guitars overall) than anyone I know!!
www.kosakuworld.com

I still don't understand how he's managed to afford all of those.

Edit: Yeah I realize he didn't buy them all in a short period of time, but some of those are new models that he could have only have gotten within a certain time frame.

Reaction score
Might be but that list isnt amazing. And the things he did with Dream theater are just stuff like bonus discs and stuff like that. Awesome collection nonetheless!

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
So anyway, it's official, I've a long long way to go before I have the most 7 strings here. :D

Hellraizer

Reaction score
I have 4 sevenstrings.
RG1527
RG7620
Rg7621
Rg7420

2 six strings
SZ320
Alverez acoustic

I think I have an obsession but I want more.:lol:

I have really bad GAS for a K-7 right know
mmmmmmmmmm Mahogany

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
380 looks like a lot when you say it like that, but if you've been collecting guitars for years, it can really build up. If you get a guitar every couple of months for lets say, 10 years, you'd get a very large collection. We've no idea how long he's been at it, so it could be for some seriously long time.

Sure, if he had bought them all in a short space of time, then yeah, he'd need to be rich, but over an extended period of time, you really don't need that much.

I mean, it's like me and my DVD collection. I might buy a couple of DVDs a month, maybe more, maybe less. But I've been buying DVDs for absolutely years now, so while I do have a lot, (maybe 500?) if I was to break it down as to how much I'd spend on them each week, it probably wouldn't amount to anything more than a meal at a nice resteraunt.

but i think its abit difference, since 500 dvds could price wise, equal one guitar lol

and before someone says like "no it cant".. im exaggerating but you know what i mean..

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
but i think its abit difference, since 500 dvds could price wise, equal one guitar lol

Yeah, but you know what I mean, I'm just trying to illustrate that you don't have to be mega rich to have a lot of things. I'm broke, and I still get stuff. :yesway:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
380 guitars, unless they are all cheapo like ibanez Gios, even that is a shitload of money,

I understand about like.. 20-50 range, since even I had like almost 20 im sure by now (in my lifetime, not at once) but 380 is just insane

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty extreme alright...

Still, we should seriously get the guy to sign up here. Maybe he'd let us in on his secret?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If he's an audio engineer, what do you want to bet that he writes off his guitar purchases as "business expenses"?

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think Metalfiend has 9. It's some rediculous number like that. :scratch:

I've only got one, and it's the only guitar I've got ATM.

Ha ha, I wish! Not quite, I had 9 guitars until fairly recently when I started to have a clear out. I stall have a UV7PWH and an RG7421XL with a KXK 7 string on the way. I also had an AJ307CENT 7 string acoustic, a Schecter A7 and an S7420 in my collection at the same time as those. So 5 7 strings was my maximum.

Reaction score
those 380 (around 380) guitars are jsut his ibanezes remember that. He seems to have a couple of hundreds non-ibanezes too... :ugh: PLUS that he has had a lot more guitars, but these he seems to own at the moment... They must pay him in guitars or something... :lol:

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're not a man of excess, then it's pretty easy to get a load of guitars.

I'd consider anybody with 380 guitars a man of excess...

If you got 1 guitar every couple months for 10 years, that would be about 60 guitars...if you got 1 guitar every 2 weeks for 10 years, that would be 260...

Gesus 1 guitar a month for 30 years still wouldn't add up to this guys collection (360).

maybe he knows Mr. Ibanez or sumpin...or maybe he's like those old ladies who hoard cats...or OCD...

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
alot of people on the forums that :bowdown: rock their rooms at home has for atleast twice more guitars then an active musician)))))
some collect instrumens some play them)))))

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
hahah Santi your funny!!!... I have alot when i do new photo's and flyer for the new studio I wanna get all my seven's and sixes,and etc's together for a huge Photo. since i run a rehearsal hall I get alot of people owe me money and pay me in sevens. Most of the stuff has little or no strings on them. That's why i can make comments about every guitar made into a seven out there because i try to get everyone just to try em. I have at this count over 200 7's and just had one stolen so i went out and purchased the new Loomis model to make me feel better. But i will tell you Toshi Iseda has more sevens then me, and he will not sell them either....

and yes they are tax write off i use them for studio,touring,rental's.

')