Who here made the jump to a seven for the hell of it?

• Thread starter TheMasterplan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Also I realized 6ers were too fuckin small for my hands, so i bought a 7. :lol:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I used to be into mad arpeggios and stuff and thought I could utilize an extra string to extend runs and such. Turns out it has influenced my writing in a different way, with different chord voicings. The main thing is that I can utilize the low rhythms whilst having all the range of a standard 6er there. The fact is, you can play 6 string songs on an 8 string but not 8 string songs on a 6 string - more options creatively is always a good thing.

Awfulwaffle

Reaction score
Bought mine for the hell of it, but also because the fellas and I were tuned to drop A and my DKMG had absolutely no string tension in that tuning, unless I went for a ridiculous string gauge which meant buzz. I had it down to a choice between a baritone 6 and a 7 and the 7 won out.

abyss258

Reaction score
My best friend pretty much got a 7 string as his first guitar, so combine that with listening to low-tuned bands and BOOM! Got me a Loomis a while back!

Matti_Ice

TR Guitarist
Reaction score
I made the jump because
1- most bands I cover play 7 and 8
2- the wider neck feels better to me
3- extend my range

4- 6 strings are for pussies

')