Who inspired you to play 7-stringers??

• Thread starter s_k_mullins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deathbringer769

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I wasn't influenced by any 7 string players when I got my first 7. Back in the day I was tuning my 6 string down to B standard to play along with Devildriver and Amon Amarth, underground death metal, stuff like that. Mainly seeing other guys tune their 6s down made me want that lower sound. After awhile of this, I began to miss the high end of my guitar basically being chopped off from tuning so low. So I began to look at 7 strings to actually play HIGHER again :D

I didn't knowingly listen to any 7 string players until I after I got my 7 :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RTB668

Neighbor ofthe Beast
Reaction score
I've enjoyed 7 stringers for a while but never felt like I needed to get one myself... until I got into Scale the Summit. So I picked up an Agile Septor 727 from a guy on craigslist. Don't even know if it's a Standard, Pro or what. It's "ok" but I'll definitely be looking for something better once I can justify the expenditure.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
I remember listening to Stam1na and ging WTF IS THIS GUITAR?! Not really an inspiration but heck that's when I got the idea running. I was tuning low for Eluveitie and wanted to keep that low range along with standard E tuning and the seven string guitar was the perfect choice. Since I've gotten into more 7 string oriented bands and my BIG Influences in terms of 7 string guitar are Chris Broderick and Chris Letchford (Scale the Summit).

berserker213

Reaction score
I decided I really wanted to get a 7 after I stumbled across Keith Merrow's videos on Youtube. I'd had a couple of 7s before, but never kept either of them for longer than a month, but for some reason Keith, Periphery, Jeff Loomis, etc. really peaked my interest in them. Then I fell in love with the way Bb standard sounded on my sixer but I couldn't stand how floppy the strings were.

robbown89

Reaction score
Korn
Trey Azagathoth
Steph Carpenter
Whitechapel

I know it's not 7 as well but, Slipknot, Mastodon too (the wierd half assed drop A tuning stuff)
I just need more low end is all...
Boom!

Reaction score
well....

Meshuggah
Ion Dissonance
Jonathan Nido in all his projects ( The Ocean,Coilguns,Switchback)
The Acacia Strain
Converge
Mastodon
War From A Harlots Mouth

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
jloomis1tp.png

Fredrik+Thordendals+Special+Defects+Fredrik+Thordendal+no+borders.jpg

tumblr_l9fppnfKYb1qctt98o1_500.jpg

But mainly these guys:

devtownsend.jpg

terrorizer.jpg

5027929175_4fc99c35e1.jpg

10 points if you get the last guy! ;P

RuffeDK

Reaction score
Uneath (Buz McGrath & Ken SUSHI)

Vira (Alex David & Victor Ray Salomonsen)

By far genre I play, but doesn't make any diffenrence in 7-stringers are f*cking badass !!!

Buddha92

Hole in the Earth
Reaction score
Periphery (misha)
Korn ( blind music video mostly)
DEFTONES( muh man Stephen Carpenter)
and Chelsea Grin

Dunloper

Reaction score
For sevens I'd say TTEOTD's Malice and BTM's Dystopia. And as for making me wish I could play eight's would be of coarse Charlie Hunter and Tosin Abasi.

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
No one really, which is probs why I dont have any 7s now. I knew Petrucci and Unearth used them though so maybe them.

')