Who inspired you to play 7-stringers??

• Thread starter s_k_mullins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
This night on Headbanger's Ball... first time I saw a 7-string:

otisct20

Reaction score
My biggest reason for wanting one was Chelsea Grin and Impending Doom. They are so fucking heavy that I just had to get a seven.

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
Good ol' Korn. The first song I heard by them was Good God off of Life Is Peachy and the lows just sounded so brutal in that song. At the time I had a shitty Harmony 6 string from a JCPenny catalog lol....so bad. But the summer of 1998 I saved up and bought an Ibanzed RG7420. That guitar was the shit and I promptly learned the first 3 Korn albums...well what I could play without the effects at least.

After Korn it was old school Chimaira and the Pass Out Of Existance album around 2002. That's when I got into syncopation and playing chuggy like that. Then not shortly after I heard Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah for the first time and had absolutley no idea what the hell they we're doing with timing and what not and it was around that time that Nothing came out and the 8 string thing blew my effing mind. I still don't really dig playing an 8 too much, but I remember hearing that low string on Stengah for the first time and it melted my face off.

Joeseffel

7String Newbie
Reaction score
I was always into 7 stringers like Broderick/Loomis and I loved Trivium's Shogun but the guy that really pushed me over the edge into wanting one for definite was Andy James, the man's a monster player and manages to sound musical all at once, huge influence on me.

metale

Reaction score
For me it was most likely the 3rd chord from the chorus of Korn's Counting On Me. No joke.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
images

Simple. No technical players, but they damn sure know how to groove. One of the biggest influences on me.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Born of Osiris-Discovery album.
All Shall Perish
Within The Ruins(it sounds like they use em)

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
100% reason i bought a 7 was to play dream theater tunes. My friend and i decided that it was imperative for me to get a 7 and him to get a 5 string bass. I might also mention we havent actually covered any 7 string DT songs ever lol. I wanted to play panic attack but everyone said it was too hard so i was like "okay whatever".

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
A combination of this guy:
misha_mansoor_2.jpg

This guy:
tosin-abasi-shell-pose.jpg

And my friend selling his RG7321 to me for $60.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Same guy who inspired everyone else, Chad Kroeger from Nickelback.

610x.jpg

Troll_face.png

But seriously, mostly the djentlemen from Periphery. That's about it really.

')