Who inspired you to play 7-stringers??

• Thread starter s_k_mullins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
It all started when I listened to KoRn back in middle school...had no clue they used 7 strings since I didn't play guitar till after middle school. I always digged their sound. Then as I started playing 6 string I just wanted to go lower and lower with my tuning so it was a natural thing. But that was influence mainly by people like:
Loomis:
1454-big-jeff-loomis-big.jpg

Cooley:
rustycooley.jpg

Keith Merrow:
0.jpg

John Petrucci:
1065717312JohnPetrucci_Ad_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
i might catch a lot of shit for this but i really became aware of seven strings after i started listening to bands like Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Impending Doom. After i saw Oceano's old guitarist playing a C-7 ATX at a show i knew i had to have it.

pero

makes his own bacon
Reaction score
Well actually this forum inspired me to play a seven :) . I didn`think much about sevenstring guitars. One day I was talking with my friend about guitars, and he said that there`s a great site dedicated to sevenstring guitars. I gave it a look and.............. got addicted

this forum rocks :hbang:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Well actually this forum inspired me to play a seven :) . I didn`think much about sevenstring guitars. One day I was talking with my friend about guitars, and he said that there`s a great site dedicated to sevenstring guitars. I gave it a look and.............. got addicted

this forum rocks :hbang:

:wub:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Korn, Bulb/Periphery, and Meshuggah. mostly the two second ones, particularly Bulb. Korn just put it's existence and low tuned sound in my head.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Steve Vai as actually the first artist that got me interested in 7 strings surprisingly, the concept of the 7 string guitar was just really awesome to me. Later I discovered other artists that used 7's, namely Loomis and Petrucci...now I'm trapped forever! D:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Well, I'd been listening to Korn, Deftones, and Vai for ages, and then I discovered Dream Theater, which really piqued my interest in a 7-string, but it wasn't until seeing Suicide Silence and Megadeth live (back when Chris still used his seven at least once a night) that really got me wanting one.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I was first introduced to seven strings with Dream Theater/John Petrucci. I thought it would be cool to have one. Then I heard Misha Mansoor's music, and I realized that I needed one.

ephrion

Reaction score
Mercenary, Epica, Scar Symmetry, Nevermore...

So many bands with a style I love play 7s. Why don't I?

walleye

Reaction score
i would say steve vai but what the hell does he use the universe for? his songs are never that low.

more often than not its just the rhythm tracks that use all 7 strings on his earlier records. thats why for more or less his entire repetoire HIS lead part can be played on 6 strings, which he clearly prefers

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Klinikka,-Kuisma.jpg

Kuisma Aalto from finnish metal band Mokoma

2755712171_f33b65c547.jpg

Antti Hyyrynen and Pekka Olkkonen.

These are my biggest influences for 7-string and my whole guitar playing!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
more often than not its just the rhythm tracks that use all 7 strings on his earlier records. thats why for more or less his entire repetoire HIS lead part can be played on 6 strings, which he clearly prefers

that's what dave weiner is for, no? :yesway:

')