Who inspired you to play 7-stringers??

• Thread starter s_k_mullins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
Fred the Shred, Misha and every guy here who put a video of them playing one. I was also intoxicated by the HUGE sound Whitechapel got. I swear they must have like 6 tracks of those big open notes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clopstyle

Reaction score
Saw Korn open a show for Biohazard and House of Pain back in 94'. I remember thinking "what is this asshole doing with the kilt and bagpipe?". The band I was in at the time decided to try and tune like them, but somehow ended up with tuning to drop G#. Played that tuning on a 6 string until ESP came out with the H-207 in 99' I think? Damn I miss that guitar!

Reaction score
KoRn. I absolutely love the way they have their guitars work together with the really low and really high notes.

tank

Reaction score
dino cazares, jeff loomis, john petrucci, chris broderick,steve smith

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
Trey Azagthoth, Jeff Loomis, and John Petrucci were probably my biggest reasons for caving in and finally getting a 7...Steve Vai's what made me aware of their existence in the first place though.

cthroatgtr

Reaction score
Steve Vai...bought the original Universe 7 string when they first came out...couldn't get pickups back then. Argued with Dimarzio to no avail. SD was willing to make a custom pickup for $250 but back then couldn't afford it. Wish I still had that one! I want to call DiMarzio back and tell them I told you so. I hated the original Blaze PU and still do.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
8346d1221018050-who-inspired-you-play-7-stringers-picstrey15.jpg

supercolio

Super-spy
Reaction score
This guy:
img1061rs.jpg

Oh you don't know him? That's allright. He's so awesome that few know him.:hbang:

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I started to get interested in 7 strings at the same time i was listening to alot of Scar Symmetry. When I learned that they used 7's I JUST HAD TO GET ONE!

decypher

Reaction score
This guy:
img1061rs.jpg

Oh you don't know him? That's allright. He's so awesome that few know him.:hbang:
Edit: He's probably not worth talking about in first place then ;-) .

On topic: vai, petrucci and the thought of expanding in general.

SammyKillChambers

Reaction score
Well for a start, music wise, it'd be Periphery.

But as a matter of fact, it was my friend Tom who influenced/forced me to pick up my first one!

')