Who inspired you to play seven?

• Thread starter PlanetJeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sound-byte

Reaction score
^ lol, nice
I was (and still am) into bands that tuned to B/A like Nile, CC, others, so I tuned my 6 down. I wanted the high e though, saw my first seven (Suicide Silence) and got one a couple months later for my birthday

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
I've always loved Loomis, Vai, and Petrucci.
But when I met Corey Beaulieu from Trivium on the All Hope Is Gone tour is when I was convinced to get a seven.
After seeing his 7 string V that dean made him I had to have one.
Seeing how that was never put into production I had Ran Guitars make me one =D

shredfreak

Reaction score
Nobody i can think of tbh. :scratch:

I got into 7's because i didn't like the longer scale on bariton's, hence a 7string made more sense. Plus the guitar i got for a first seven is an absolute gem so i'd be an idiot not to have gotten it :lol:

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Nobody i can think of tbh. :scratch:

I got into 7's because i didn't like the longer scale on bariton's, hence a 7string made more sense. Plus the guitar i got for a first seven is an absolute gem so i'd be an idiot not to have gotten it :lol:
what guitar would that be?

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
For me it was Loomis. Although I had never considered playing a seven until I heard his solo album (which blew the doors off me) and watched his "master class" video. The video clinched it.

Broderick is in there too. First time I saw him was on Nevermore's last dvd and he was flawless.

SplinteredSoul

7 String FTW
Reaction score
This
1243727720_steve_vai_passion_and_warfare_cd.jpg

that really got me hot for a 7...

Exactly what this guy said, it was Passion and Warfare for me too, since I was a kid.

Chris Broderick helped me hone my skills, so I have to list my Guitar Teacher too!

Meinrad

Fear the Engineer
Reaction score
Fear Factory.

FF is also what got me in (more like integrated) to heavy metal, into making my own music... and into the first band I was with. I was 12 years old at the time, and I had sneaked out of the house and went to this abandoned fenced-in volleyball practicing place in the middle of nowhere to practice singing/growling, and I didn't realize I was in the rehearsal space of my friend's band... so I was there doing a vocal cover of Edgecrusher and my friend and his band members showed up, and he yelled "Hey, that guy's covering Fear Factory! That's AWESOME! Hey, you want to be in our band?"
...and that's why I was even interested in making music.

zombietime

Reaction score
Though I don't have a 7 yet and am currently shopping for one... my main influence is Trey from Morbid Angel. Lots of great 7 sting players out there but Trey is my all time favorite.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
bands like suicide silence started me off wanting a 7 string but then i found out bwt rusty cooley nd jeff loomis nd broderick. then i found a dean vandetta 1.7 on gak for £199 but then i found my one a cheapy harley benton on thorman for less than £140

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
The 7 string Ibanez video was what ispired me to play guitar in the first place. Definately had to be JP in the vid that made me want to play..... This then led me to discover Dream Theater

Jbryant95

Reaction score
Petrucci and Vai. They were like the only guitarists I knew of that played 7's until I got mine.

XxImGuitardedxX

Reaction score
I just always wanted to get me a seven string, I was just nervous of buying one because i didnt know if I would like it or not. But I just bought my first one, and I F**CKING LOVE IT:hbang:. To anwser the question it would have to be Korn, Deftones, and a little Unearth.

Van

Banned
Reaction score
first i was put off by them, but then I discovered Outworld.
Rusty Cooley and Jeff Loomis were the main ones that got me into seven strings

')