Who inspired you to play seven?

• Thread starter PlanetJeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
He doesn't technically play a 7 but I really liked mick thompson a few years back and played in drop A all the time saw that a 7 String is alot easier to tune to drop A with so I got one haha MUCH diffrent story nowadays XD.

quaned

Reaction score
I think it was John Petrucci, and a bit of Matt Heafy/Metalcore stuff xD.

Overtone

Reaction score
Not feeling very inspired at all, actually...

No2EMGs4Me

Fosterocalypse
Reaction score
unearth - strings conscience made me go out and buy a 7 string. Earth Crisis, Fear Factory, Korn, RATM, Sepultura, Limp Bizkit etc made me want to buy a guitar but it wasn't til I heard that album that I went out and bought a 7.

MrGignac

Sonderkommando
Reaction score
has anyone mentioned hypocricy yet? they where pretty much the first 7s in a band i had heard (sans vai of course) but the newer bands like nevermore def pushed me to buy one

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Munky made me like them
Vai made me love them
Petrucci made me crave for a sevenstring
My wallet allowed me to get one
That Dino-sample on youtube playing his 8'er made me settle at 7. :lol:

zurdo

Soccer/Metal/Beer
Reaction score
Trey Azagthoth and Erik Rutan from Morbid Angel (Domination album 1995)

lookralphsbak

Reaction score
No one, I actually never planned on buying or ever playing a 7 string. The guitarist in my band Fin'amor got me into playing guitar back in 2003 or 2004. He and I had different taste in music, he loved the nu-metal bands that used 7 strings (deftones/korn/etc) while I listened to Metallica, thrash, and alternative rock. He took the 7 string route and I stayed with 6 strings. He and I did end up loving the same music with symphonic/melodic black metal. Anyway I played 6 strings exclusively until last year when I joined Fin'amor. I still prefer 6 string guitars and use them in my thrash metal band Salvation Army Destoyers. If I ever left my band or got kicked out I would most likely sell my 7 strings haha and put the money toward a custom 6 string.
It's funny because I'm not even a fan of playing low tunings. I don't think I've tuned my 6 string guitar lower than Eb or Drop Db more than twice. My 6 strings stay at Eb. My 7 string is in D standard. I don't mind the low tuning but I wouldn't do it outside of my band.

')