Who inspired you to play seven?

• Thread starter PlanetJeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tspaleny7

Reaction score
Misha Mansoor aka bulb. The Periphery album is a masterpiece, and when I found out that they played 7s, I had to get one for that brutal G#

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jrg828

Dr. Breakfast
Reaction score
chris garza from suicide silence. the stephen carpenter 7 he had made me jizz. and i was rly into deftones at the time, i was like whoa, didnt know those existed. bought a used rg7321 like 6 months later, best choice ever...

Jontain

Reaction score
No single person or band for me, more jsut a strong love of guitars and browsing ss.org gave me gas to try one. Ended up with a 7321 and even though its not my nicest playing guitar over my 6's its still my goto guitar.

CryptopsyAndWhatnot

Reaction score
Korn, Deftones, At The Gates(B standard on a but yeah) Fear Factory, Whitechapel, etc. Finally got a schecter damien 7 last week after wanting one for, oh I don't know...........3 years

simulclass83

Reaction score
Mostly Cloudkicker and Scale the Summit, but also Chris Broderick.

Coffee Elf

Reaction score
Steve Vai.

Way back, Guitar for the Practicing Musician had a transcription of I Would Love To. They tabbed it for a six string with the sixth string tuned to B. :lol:

Nobuo Uematsu is partially responsible too. I was trying to learn the Crystal Theme a couple of years back and while it's possible to play on a six, the fingering is easier on a seven.

Bones43x

Reaction score
John Petrucci for sure. Korn and Limp Bizkit turned me off of 7-strings for a LONG time. Then I found Dream Theater, and I had to have one.

fredw138

Fredw138
Reaction score
Korn and Limp Bizkit turned me off of 7-strings for a LONG time.

Same here.

I'd say for me, I recently discovered in the past year that Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel uses a 7 (I always thought they just downtuned). I already liked Loomis/Nevermore, so when I found out that John Petrucci, Azagthoth and Ihsahn used them too, I was sold. :shred:

Kroker

Reaction score
Ion Dissonance, Tony Danza, and my buddy that sold me his Rg for $150.00. Tweaked it out, threw an EMG-808 in that bitch, and now it's become my main axe. Looking into getting either an 'S' series next ,or an Agile custom from Rondo Music.

xGUITARZEROx

B-standard guitarist
Reaction score
honestly, Buz McGrath and Keith Merrow were my biggest influences because of their different metal styles.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
All Shall Perish--More specifically, Chris Storey
After the Burial--Justin Lowe and Trent Hafdahl

Bryancap7

Reaction score
it wasnt a who, more of a what, i had major GAS for an ibanez universe and had to have it, so i bought one finally and that led me to the world of 7 stringers!

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
I started playing guitar when I was in high school... back then it was Korn who made me want to pick up a seven string. Since I didn't have one, I would tune my old Ibanez RG120 down to A, lolz. I didn't play a whole lot during college, but then, some time back in 2006 I stumbled upon Misha's Soundclick account. Pure 7-string win.

Facebones

Reaction score
The fact that I kept needing to go lower than my E string would allow on my six string...:shred:

')