Who is asking about Gibson 7 string

• Thread starter yevetz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh...I wish I could find the picture of that Gibson Explorer VII. Anyone have it?!
The one with that weird deanish headstock? Please don't post pics of it...that thing is so hideous... :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That's not a Gibson, dude. That's an Epiphone and there's a WORLD of difference between a Gibson and an Epiphone. People selling stuff on e-bay always write "GIBSON Epiphone..." and "FENDER squire" when trying to sell the cheaper brands that are owned by these companies.

I own a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Epiphone Les Paul Studio and they sound and play very very very very very different. They are like 2 completely different models. The body shape is mostly the same, but the size and weight is completely different, the inlays are different, the playability is different, the pickups are INSANELY different, the tone is very different, etc. etc.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've seen about ten of these Epi V7's, and as a Gibson V owner I always feel a tinge of lust when I first see one, but the quality is very spotty, just 'alright' at best. The necks feel big and round, C shape, like a fat Les Paul, but Schecter guys might be able to get on with it well. Pickups sound like ass. Sloppy Kluson copies. Might make a good backup, certainly unusual - but not "Very Rare".
Meh.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to see a pic of that Explorer 7 you guys are talking about if anyone has the pic please.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
It looks very tiny the body compared to the big neck :D

BTW i'm in love with the Voodoo V.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
hey yevets, good eye man, but yea, i'm thinkin about a "real" gibby, i know an epiphone would be probably close, but i know myself, i wouldnt be satisfied, and someone, i think it was mike, said that gibby actually has made them, but it was around 50k give or take, so i think my dream is dead :)
on to my new dream, a neck through s7 from christopher woods, (but with that wait time, that dream is probably dead too :))

50k:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think it's too much. maybe aMERICAN cUSTOM gUITARS can do 7 string with originaly sound of gIBSON?:yesway:

')