Who is asking about Gibson 7 string

• Thread starter yevetz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My bass player would love that. I just called him about it.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
hey yevets, good eye man, but yea, i'm thinkin about a "real" gibby, i know an epiphone would be probably close, but i know myself, i wouldnt be satisfied, and someone, i think it was mike, said that gibby actually has made them, but it was around 50k give or take, so i think my dream is dead :)
on to my new dream, a neck through s7 from christopher woods, (but with that wait time, that dream is probably dead too :))

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
hey yevets, good eye man, but yea, i'm thinkin about a "real" gibby, i know an epiphone would be probably close, but i know myself, i wouldnt be satisfied, and someone, i think it was mike, said that gibby actually has made them, but it was around 50k give or take, so i think my dream is dead :)
on to my new dream, a neck through s7 from christopher woods, (but with that wait time, that dream is probably dead too :))

I think $50k is a gross overstatment. There was an explorer 7 floating around on ebay for a few years that was only about $4000.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i kinda figured that it was a little crazy high there, i figured 5 to 10 grand probably, but ya never know with some of these companies, lots of things can sound believable

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I actually thought the weird pickguard and huge metal bridge plate made the thing look stupid. It looks ridiculously out of proportion and Im guessing the neck would suck. Someone mentioned how lots of companies dont make a 7 string, they slap a 7 neck on a 6 string. Thats what gibson has done with each design they or epiphone have made. They look like huge necks on little bodies and are generally ugly.

')