Who is the best guitarist with the worst technique?

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
1000010600.jpg
Lol just realised the picture is a wry comment on Pat's thumb position...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
First thought that came to my head.

Also shoutout to John Petrucci, dedicated pinky anchorer. Any time I hear someone on the internet say "don't anchor your pinky" I just think about how JP is better than them at guitar

It's crazy that this would be a point of criticism considering the dude has one of the most sought after techniques out there. How many instructional books/videos have been sold with his name on it? A staggering amount I'm certain.

My nominee would be Tosin. This mans thumb is bent backward at like a 90 degree angle on his picking hand. It's weird as shit looking. Also, even though he shreds hard as hell his vibrato has always been kinda butt. No one else is topping that Self-titled album by Animals As Leaders despite the droves of bands that popped up trying to sound like them. Hell, not even Tosin himself can top it.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Always love watching the laughable stuff in threads like this. Technique boils down to what works for a specific player and there are no hard and fast rules. If you can play like Petrucci or Friedman guess what, your technique is just fine :2c:

')