Who is the most brutal death metal band...

• Thread starter marcus2k22
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to help the OP to the best of my knowledge with caveats but I'm checking out of this thread

Good luck OP

bloodocean

Reaction score
Brutal woke metal :lol: Banhammer Smashed Twitter Account. Disadvantaged Fetus. Those Whom the Tumblr Detests :lol::lol:
lol this is an amusing exercise

Carrion Sculpted Equity
Problematic Suffering
Canceling the Despised
Appropriate to Resuscitate

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to help the OP to the best of my knowledge with caveats but I'm checking out of this thread

Good luck OP
Yep lol

I think if there's anything we can get from this exercise is OP needs a new genre. It's part of the defining feature.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Man you guys got mean. But really OP, you are looking for needles in a barn. Disgorge is by far the kings of brutal death metal, arguably tied only by Defeated Sanity. Their latest records are amazing and lyrically more apocalyptical than gore/snuff related, although Disgorge is over a decade from their last LP and 7 years since they told me they were working on a new one (so we'll never see it). My only point in bringing them up is the lyrics are almost entirely indecipherable, so why worry about it? I get it if it's personal moral crisis. I steer away from some stuff for my own reasons but if I stuck by dogma/doctrine I probably wouldn't be listening to much of anything. I pick and choose my spots.

Most of the brutal death metal genre bands are lyrically disgusting. That's just a part of the genre. There's a few mentioned here worth trying that are different, and a bunch that are not any where near that genre. Sounding brutal does not mean it is brutal death metal; we're talking genre not adjective. I'd sample stuff on Unique Leader Records, Willowtip Records, and Dark Descent Records or similar. If you go too far down the label rabbit hole you'll end up in territory you don't prefer.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Man you guys got mean. But really OP, you are looking for needles in a barn. Disgorge is by far the kings of brutal death metal, arguably tied only by Defeated Sanity. Their latest records are amazing and lyrically more apocalyptical than gore/snuff related, although Disgorge is over a decade from their last LP and 7 years since they told me they were working on a new one (so we'll never see it). My only point in bringing them up is the lyrics are almost entirely indecipherable, so why worry about it? I get it if it's personal moral crisis. I steer away from some stuff for my own reasons but if I stuck by dogma/doctrine I probably wouldn't be listening to much of anything. I pick and choose my spots.

Most of the brutal death metal genre bands are lyrically disgusting. That's just a part of the genre. There's a few mentioned here worth trying that are different, and a bunch that are not any where near that genre. Sounding brutal does not mean it is brutal death metal; we're talking genre not adjective. I'd sample stuff on Unique Leader Records, Willowtip Records, and Dark Descent Records or similar. If you go too far down the label rabbit hole you'll end up in territory you don't prefer.

Checking myself. I got carried away.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
...brutal means violent doesnt it? Death means...well death...you want Brutal Death metal without any of the brutality or death? That's a tough one. Misogyny I'm there with and that can be easy, but without violence and death is a hard one.

Last edited:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Eh, I’d argue BDM has its own sound to differentiate it from regular Death Metal; though the gross lyrics are usually a prerequisite. If OP wants BDM style riffs without the lyrics always being about dookie and sexually assaulting women the closest thing would probably be slam? Maybe some Pathology?

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Dethklokband.PNG

marcus2k22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...brutal means violent doesnt it? Death means...well death...you want Brutal Death metal without any of the brutality or death? That's a tough one. Misogyny I'm there with and that can be easy, but without violence and death is a hard one.

I didn't say they can't include violent lyrics. If they don't include OTT shock-value violence, that's a plus for me, but I guess it's not a dealbreaker, at least not always.

However, in the brutal death metal world, misogyny is an epidemic in the lyrics department. It's not just a few isolated incidents, it seems to be the vast majority. That's part of the reason why a thread like this exists. It's not exactly the violence or gore that's my issue, but its presentation.

marcus2k22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Troll alert.

"I like strawberry ice cream - but without strawberry!". "Horror movies are nice, but i would wish they all just hugged and kissed more - they should all be friends.".

Are you part of a new woke movement, cleansing "death" metal for death?

I hate how people are translating into how I'm trying to make things more "woke" or something.

There have been plenty of death metal bands in other death metal scenes that have NEVER had any misogyny/rape lyrics or OTT shock value gore lyrics.

In brutal death metal, it seems for every band that doesn't have any songs with shock value misogyny/rape/snuff lyrics, there are about four hundred who have them in most, if not all, of their songs.

Whereas in technical death metal, bands with those lyrics are close to nonexistent.

Why is it that technical death metal has never had this problem while brutal death metal does?

')