Who is your favorite metal lyricist/vocalist?

paleonluna

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people don't even care what the lyrics in metal songs are, but I do, and it seems like the style of vocals also matters a lot for the way the lyrics are carried.

My favorite vocalist as of now is David Gunn from a Michigan band called King, I like them because they are emotional as well deeply contemplative, check out this song:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Till Lindemann from Rammstein.
You have to speak German to understand it.. obviously..

I have whole books with his poems at home, he's great, very morbid though.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Lryics in metal are nothing to shake a stick at really, they range from extremely pretentious to absurdly cheesy with everything in between. Vocalists on the other hand, I really like Hansi Kursch. I am making this fair to the thread by not saying Dio.

Last edited:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Rody walker of protest the hero , most beautiful voice. Protest the hero -blindfolds aside( the kezia album , even when rodys not singing sad song, you just want to sing along with the beauty and energy of it all. Ariff the bass player writes the lyrics)

Anthony of after the burial, most powerful . After the burial - to carry you away( all of the In dreams album is pretty powerful)

Alex koehller of Chelsea grin has the best technique. Chelsea grin - sonnet of the wretched ( the vocals are the EXACT same live, that song is rediculous and there are no accurate cOvers of it)

Ronnie cinezaro if born of Osiris, most intelligent - born of Osiris - follow the signs( any song off the discovery album is amazing)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Randy Blythe, Hal Sinden, Maynard James Keenan, Troy Sanders/Brent Hinds (Not the best vocalists in the world they admit, but they have unique voices that compliment each other and the lyrics are awesome), Chad Gray (Lost & Found and before).

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Russell Allen.

images

mithologian

Reaction score
Anthony of after the burial, most powerful . After the burial - to carry you away( all of the In dreams album is pretty powerful)

"Now I'm picking up the pieces of my broken heart"

Dont get me wrong, I love ATB but I found the lyrics extremely cheesy. The composition wasn't the best too.

On another note, favorite lyrics: Devin townsend, Cynic, Death, BTBAM (I only say this for the paralax ep. I found the way he told the story very interesting), BoO (from the discovery), Protest the hero (Ariff mostly), some of the faceless' lyrics. Cant think of anymore for now.

')