Who knows their way around Logic Express 7?

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing around with Logic recently, but I usually use Digital Performer 5. I know how to get Rewire to work in DP, but having trouble getting things to work the way I want with Logic.

As an example, say I import a MIDI file into Reason, and want to run each track of that through the various samplers and synths in Reason, and then run Reason's output into Logic, to then record that as audio. In DP, this is pretty easy to do. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Reason output to record to audio in Logic. How do I set the various channels, inputs, and outputs in each track to get this to work?

Right now, I have a track with the channel set to my desired Reason output, but the only way I can get any signal to show up on the audio track that I wish to record to, is to set that track's channel to Output 1-2, but that only allows me to bounce, which isn't what I want to do.

Help me out! I wouldn't bother trying this with Logic, since I already know how to do it in DP, but I spent some time yesterday with Logic's guitar amp simulator plugin and managed to get a usable sound out of it, so I'd like to be able to record with that to throw quick ideas down...plus, I've had it for a while, and would like to learn my way around it a bit better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nine squares

Reaction score
I´ll give it a try..

Havent tried that in Logic but I guess you will have to do the routing as if you were mastering in a proper way without bouncing.

I guess your stereotrack in Logic were Reason´s output goes to has the input set to "rewire 1-2" or something like "rewire stereo reason..". Then switch the output on that track to a stereobus instead of "Output 1-2". After that you must make that bus-channel to actually exist, so create one and set the output on that one to "Output 1-2". The input must be the same as the output on the rewire-track.

Reason--->Stereo-rewire-track in Logic--->stereo bus track--->Output 1-2

If you have succeded you will have to make the stereo bus/aux track "record enabled" to even get a sound, then press record and you should be home.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
That's part of the problem...I can't figure out any way to make a stereo Rewire track in Logic. I know how to make a stereo track, but it doesn't give me any stereo options for Rewire.

Latest posts

')