Who left their collection in this storage locker?

• Thread starter mikernaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Any legal shenanigans? Seems a super terrible bad place to keep guitars.
I have no desire to watch the video, but there is a lot of climate controlled storage facilities in the US now, especially in areas with less than ideal climates.

Also as someone who used to participate in the lien sale game, please everyone don’t run out and try it. It mostly sucks. It is literally gambling.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have no desire to watch the video, but there is a lot of climate controlled storage facilities in the US now, especially in areas with less than ideal climates.

Also as someone who used to participate in the lien sale game, please everyone don’t run out and try it. It mostly sucks. It is literally gambling.
Fair, but that unit wasn't indoors, the door opened directly outside. It didn't look well insulated. You may still be right, but my guess is no good.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This seems like there's probably a bad ending here. They said they did a search under the guy's name, and just came up with a doctor. I'm wondering if he died, and no one knew he had these? I can't imagine another situation in which this makes sense. There's well over six figures of guitars in there.

I would have taken those KxKs for SURE. Those were super cool.

I just spent a little time trying to google to see who might have owned a KxK like those, but I'm not seeing it online.

EDIT: Know what I'm sayin'?

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Of course there's no reason to believe that this wasn't staged to get clicks.

After all, it would benefit both the video maker and the real owner (who, assuming they're really alive and well, could've been in on it), in terms of publicity.

Otherwise, it looks more like a speculative investment deal gone wrong (i.e. get loans to acquire premium guitars to sell-on; default on loan; abandon assets due to other pressing priorities). Not necessarily a tragedy behind this.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Of course there's no reason to believe that this wasn't staged to get clicks.

After all, it would benefit both the video maker and the real owner (who, assuming they're really alive and well, could've been in on it), in terms of publicity.
There was some controversy with that show, "Storage Wars", being staged, so the suspicion is reasonable.

Even if there is no staging, there is always a chance that the hit ratio with unit-buying might be misrepresented. How often do these buyers really find units festooned with heirlooms, valuable gear, etc. versus those filled with shit that the owners don't want clogging up their houses but haven't the will to throw out?

')