Who said Drop D was boring?

• Thread starter LewisMembery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LewisMembery

Canvas Studios
Reaction score
Hard hitting but melodic sounding mix, tracked this earlier to test out some new equipment. Tracked in drop D on a telecaster.

Who says drop D isn't low enough!?

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/canvasstudios/pod-hd-pro-sansamp-drumtrunk-superior-drop-d-mix-test[/SC]

facebook.com/canvasstudiosuk

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LewisMembery

Canvas Studios
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hard hitting but melodic sounding mix, tracked this earlier to test out some new equipment. Tracked in drop D on a telecaster.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/canvasstudios/pod-hd-pro-sansamp-drumtrunk-superior-drop-d-mix-test[/SC]

Mate this is WORLDY! Love that tone

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score

Amazing dude! Love that

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I'm an advocate for higher tunings! The song in my sig was recorded at drop D# (albiet an octave down from standard guitar tuning because I used a 6 string bass for everything)

Reaction score
Can you make some more for us? Please? I'll love you forever. That shit was gooooood. :agreed:

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
I personally love drop d, I use it all the time on my 6. Nice tune man, I'd love to hear a full song out of it; awesome tone too!

Skrapmetal

Reaction score
Very cool. I find myself floating around higher tunings than the majority of this board, I think.

4Eyes

Reaction score
great track, really like it!

but it really depends on lot of things. when you record this kind of instrumental songs, you can use standard (higher tunings) and it will benefit from clarity and tightness without lots of effort. but once you engage vocalist, it depends on how high and in tune he can sing/scream. also in standard/drop D tunings they need to sing really high, that it reminds me kind of 80's hair/glam metal singing (I'm not really fan of that kind of vocals) and in that case singer must be really GREAT - Protest the hero is good example, they play in standard Eb in most of their stuff, they are heavy and have great vocals. but other than that, you'll need to go lower to get really heavy vocal that doesn't sound funny.

')