Who tunes down to G/F#/lower besides Meshuggah?

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I listened to After The Burial's "Rareform" album once so far and it was much better than I was expecting, for some reason I thought they were all br00talz. I still HATE HATE HATE the vocals though :wallbash:

troyguitar

Reaction score
They are br00talz but not all of the time like I was expecting. This is the first track on the album and it has a decent amount of catchy melodic stuff in between the blastbeats and breakdowns (the breakdown is really really annoying, but the part after it is very good so keep listening)...

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I listened to After The Burial's "Rareform" album once so far and it was much better than I was expecting, for some reason I thought they were all br00talz. I still HATE HATE HATE the vocals though :wallbash:

The vocals do take a while to get used to. But once you do, they're pretty decent. Not Mikael Åkerfeldt great, but good nonetheless.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

Their new vocalist is much better, they've re-released Rareform with his vocals on. Guitar tone is better but the mix is disgusting.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I honestly HATE the new AtB vocalist, and prefer the old one a lot more (Rareform of course). There was something "Swedish" about his sound. A little mix of Dark Tranquillity and The Haunted, with almost a bit of Darkest Hour in there. The new dude is a bro and a half, for real.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I should note that I don't like any growly vocals ever, so it's not a matter of really getting used to anything. I put up with it for bands who are otherwise great, but 99% of the time I listen to stuff with clean vocals or none at all.

zackkynapalm

Reaction score
Isis tunes to F# I believe for some songs. Just the lowest string though. that's usually in B (drop) on a six.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Their new vocalist is much better, they've re-released Rareform with his vocals on. Guitar tone is better but the mix is disgusting.

I'm not sure what I think of the new version. The vocalist is good, but I like the brutality of their last one. The mix is good, but on a few tracks I dunno, a bit off. Still sick as fuck though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I love the new singer, but the mix of the re-release sucks. The first version sounds immensely better. I remember the first time I popped it into my CD player on the way home when I heard the first few notes of Berzerker, I was thinking to myself, wow this is different. I still have both versions on my itunes, though, cause I like the new singer enough that I'll jam the re-release, but I have no problem listening to the delicious mix of the first :)

Demerge

Dimension Ripper
Reaction score
Mnemic tune to F# on Passenger, and their new album, Sons Of The System is set to be the same...

')