• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Rob's been getting some requests for an Explorer shape, so he is dusting off an old design...

kxk_exp.jpg

He's looking to limit this to four pieces. So, who would be interested in a KxK Explorer-7? If this goes over better than expected (which seems to be the case of late), then perhaps we can persuade him to make more. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I say he should build a few and see how it goes.

I might consider getting one after the newness wears off of my LP when I get it.

It would be awesome if he advertised more models than Vs and Super Strats

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I would have no way enough money to buy one (I'm a v guy anyway) but the back side is a bit too rounded imo, looks cool aside from that.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd much prefer a second SII-7 at what I payed for the first one ;)

But if he does similar intro pricing for us I'd almost HAVE to get one :lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is just a mock-up. Inlays and bridges are a customer choice option.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I would be interested in one. :)

...BUT...

I agree with D-EJ915 - that backside seems too round for my tastes. Just an observation. The top bass side horn stump could maybe be more pronounced. :scratch:

Would he be offering mega-special-discount-super-extra ss.org prices like before?

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with stitch, the butt is too round - has too much girth - otherwise it's a great explorer design.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the constructive input guys, it is always appreciated, and Rob takes it all into consideration. The only thing to keep in mind is that it MUST look different. Rob needs to do something to make the design different, because he's not interested in making copies. I'm not really an Explorer kind of guy, so I'll be relying heavily on the feedback I compile here. :yesway:

Rob hasn't discussed pricing with me yet. This is still at the interest gauging stage. His reasons for the four guitar limit has to do with his current workload, of which the twelve Sii-7 orders are just a small part. The brand has been gaining popularity, so he has brought in his brother to help manage the increased load. This is an opportunity to break things up by doing a small run here and there of different designs. He was expecting the Sii-7 to be one of those four guitar runs, but the overwhelming demand made it a standard model. :D

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I'm really not much of an Explorer guy, but that's actually pretty schnazzy lookin'! I have no monies, but if I did, it would have my attention.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The only thing to keep in mind is that it MUST look different. Rob needs to do something to make the design different, because he's not interested in making copies.

Oops, didn't bother to read page 2 before I posted :ugh:

If he inverted that back curve to be concave and tweaked the rest of the body around that, it might look pretty brutal. It would match the headstock better, too.

Latest posts

')